Reamping test please help

Hey Hack, your reamp sounds amazing ! Which amp is that ? It matches the SG sound very well.
Burny I like yours too, different from what we usually hear. Sounds a little undergained though.

Yeah we have a myspace. The band exists since years but it disbanded once and now it's a totally new lineup and style. With the new lineup we only did a quick record with programmed drums that does not sound very decent. Now we are recording two songs with real instruments (I play drums in the band), we did the drums and now the guitars are done, I have to reamp those in a few days. Then we have to record the bass and vocals :)
The band name is Kwato, and the myspace is : www.myspace.com/kwatoband
On the myspace you can listen to 2 old songs with the former lineup too.
I think the tuning is like the one on Clayman from In Flames ? Not sure though.

Ahah yeah Hack, how much are you charging for 2 songs reamping ?
Is this the API pre (I have API pres too and I think I can hear its punchy midrange thing here) ? What channel did you use on the 6505 ? Which ts was that ?

OK here are the new files :

left Guitar DI
right Guitar DI
Drumtrack

Those are 24/44.1 WAVs.

I did some additional drum editing so I had to re-export the DIs too. You have to download them again.
Drums : snare is a DFHS sample and kick is a sample of the session (Beyer M88). OH are highpassed at 800 Hz, there are two room mics going on with a few EQ. Snare and kick are EQed quickly as well. No toms yet but you can hear them in the room. This is not the final sound of course (I'd like to blend the samples with the real sound), just a quick bounce for reamping, it may be a bit dark but it's OK I think.

Here are the DIs for the second song if some are interested in doing some reamping tests, DIs are great quality (tracked through Vintech pre and Lavry converters) :
Left one
Right one

Hi, every time you post DI's I find some new tones to test!

I like this.

EDIT: Think this might be too trebley...posted better version in my next post.

Btw, these days I use my own sample based kits as a reference, but this might work with yours too.

Mikko

Might have a mess around with these tommorow, I've been looking for some quality DI's to mess about with.