Mutiny Within

InsideJob101

New Metal Member
Aug 23, 2010
Any of you guys heard Mutiny Within? they have some serious chops and keys. The vocalist is awesome too. I talked to them after a show and they said they loved SymphonyX. I can definitely hear the influence in there.

Let me know what you think of them. I think these guys are gonna be really big and it's a shame that so many people don't know about them.

Got the album when it leaked. Definately would not call these guys prog at all but it's pretty enjoyable catchy metal with prog leanings. I HATE some of their guitar solo's with a burning passion, I cannot stand guitarists who make their sound basically from just sweeping and tapping.
But overall solid musicianship, I like the vocals, I'd describe their sound as a cross between say Killswitch Engage and Evergrey.
Solid band, but the Roadrunner marketing team have done it once again giving us the 'this is the future of metal' usual bullshit and overhyping this band.

^^
If you mean nowadays evergrey, then this band sounds like the worst band ever. jesus, KSE are terrible and Evergrey went so far downhill as far as boring repetative melodies go

Thanks, i'll check this band out live someday (they're on a ton of tours), but the disc doesn't sound like it's for me.

^

Well, KSE's 'Alive or just breathing' mixed with 'Recreation Day' would not be that bad. But this band's best moments imo can indeed be described as the worst of KSE mixed the worst of Everygrey. I don't like this band :cry:

I was one of the finalists for their vacant drummer position recently. I was one of the final 5 out of 25. Soilwork/Death Angel, then Nevermore/Warbringer, then Epica tours through the rest of the year, and a mini-run in Australia. Good for them. They're solid, nothing groundbreaking, but I think they're very solid.

Leathean is a monster track.

Listening to their myspace right now. Their Highway to Hell cover starts ok but gets really bad after that, no fault of the vocals.

Moved on to Awake and pretty much just destroyed everything positive I may have thought about this band. Why is metal at this point today where ridiculous breakdowns are everywhere and shitty deathcore vocals pepper everything?

Final Judgment: awful. Sorry guys, just isn't my thing and I hate this direction that popular metal has taken.

It's sad, really... These guys have a lot of talent, and the potential to do cool things. Their lead singer was found through YouTube videos of him singing opera, which he does quite well. Their problem is in the song-writing. I wonder how much of their current style is dictated by the record label, which has given us gems like Nickelback and KSE :(

I saw them open for Sonata Arctica and they were very good live.
Nice guys too. I took my 16 year old daughter and my 9 year old son.
It was his first show. Mutiny Within were very gracious after the show.
They talked to my kids and took photos with them. Needless to say,
my son was thrilled. Elias Viljanen of Sonata Arctica personally gave my son
a pick too!

I remember seeing these guys in a bar back in 2006(?) when they were called Mutiny. They used to sound like the most convincing of all Children of Bodom tribute bands. Their guitar players were really young at the time -- I think one was 16, but he sounded like Laiho. I think they played a combination of COB tunes and originals that could've been. Shame they didn't pursue a more legit style like that, but I guess we all have to put food on the table somehow.

I found these guys through Dream Theater's Facebook page, right around the time their Debut album came out. I watched the video for their single and was amazed primarily with the singer. I love getting new music so I went straight out and bought the record. My review: The guitarists are kind of cool and have some catchy riffs, but the solos need some more spice and flavoring, even though I am a big sweep and tapping fan, there needs to be more phrasing in the solos. The drummer is pretty sick, no qualms there. As I stated before, the singer is really the one who caught my ear with this band. His vocal range is incredible(this coming from a NON-vocalist lol) and he does not do a lot of screaming on this record, although some of it is there. The songwriting of this band could be alot better, but given how old, or should I say young they are, I see alot of potential in these guys. If you did'nt like this disc, keep an eye out for their sophomore release.

They do kind of mimic that of a KsE "style" but they don't sound like KsE at all. If you want to hear a new band with some catchy chorus's that'll have you singing right along with the cd after a few listens, if you like KsE at all, heck, if you like pummeling drums and bass guitars with some sweep picking and tapping licks as the icing on the cake, go pick up Mutiny Within's Debut Self-Titled album. I dig it!