my amp doesent like 220v advise needed

James-Doolan

Jun 6, 2007
Sydney
Hi i was looking through the net trying to figure out why the amp i bought on e bay (peavey ultra 120) would not work even though i bought a step down transformer for it to run on 110v when i came across this thread

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/33401-peavey-ultra-question.html

Its from the guy i bought it off so i think he couldent fix it and sold it to me which of course sucks.
I doubt il have any luck getting my money back from someone who willinly sold me a broken amp. So what im asking is how much damage do you think this fool has done to the amp by plugging it in to 220v is it as simple as a blown fuse or is the thing fried beyond repair? I know some of you guys know your shit on electronics and stuff so im hoping one of you will have an answer for me.

Thanks
James

Find out what fuses go in the amp, replace it and try it. If it doesn't work, then it's fried something, but I would at least try a new fuse before anything else. Also, how much did you pay for the amp? If it wasn't much, it might be worth the tech's fee's to fix it, if something has blown, because these amps are really good sounding, and rare.