my attempt at the CLA sound (paramore cover).

by the way guys, i got some female vocals tracked on this a few nights ago. if i ever get some time to edit then i'm post the final version. beefed up that snare too! props to whoever said it was lacking some 200hz.

by the way guys, i got some female vocals tracked on this a few nights ago. if i ever get some time to edit then i'm post the final version. beefed up that snare too! props to whoever said it was lacking some 200hz.

nice! did you do all the doubled takes and adlibs? or is it rather an own version of the song?

I have someone coming over who wanted to record vocals for this for fun, aswell.

I'll post them here if anyone wants them.

@gabriel g.: Tnx! I like it ...it has a special touch to it becaouse of the snare!

i just figured out i like the bendeth mix of paramores stuff maybe even more than the cla version (guitars sound very meaty and of course bendeth snare cant be bet)...
anyone else here prefer the riot mix (and production?)

i just figured out i like the bendeth mix of paramores stuff maybe even more than the cla version (guitars sound very meaty and of course bendeth snare cant be bet)...
anyone else here prefer the riot mix (and production?)

Both Brand New Eyes and Riot! are definitely a step above the debut album production wise.
I can't really say I prefer either one over the other really.
Both have aspects I like and dislike.
I really wish the rhythm guitars were more upfront at certain sections in Riot!.

Both Brand New Eyes and Riot! are definitely a step above the debut album production wise.
I can't really say I prefer either one over the other really.
Both have aspects I like and dislike.
I really wish the rhythm guitars were more upfront at certain sections in Riot!.

yeah, i guess i love both too :)

so what do you dislike about them?

i cant really say if i hate the obvious one shot sample on riot snare...
somehow it seems to work in context and actually doesnt sound that machine like in context... it think bendeth is a little more guitar driven,
while cla is clearly a snare/vox guy. i love the fatness of clas mix,
bass just makes the music work, thats something i totally love about all these poprock mixes and miss alot in metal - a nice warm, fat and round bass sound.

Thanks a lot for the impulse =) couldn't find it anywhere, just close to that, but not that you know, your mix rocks, sounds amazing on this little stereo i have at my apartment and if something sounds this good on this, it rocks the world for sure!