My band just released a new song - Real drums, real everything!

Daybreak

Jan 8, 2013

My band just released our new song which I engineered, edited, mixed and mastered. I'd be happy to receive opinions on the overall production!

The thing I'm most satisifed with the production is, the drums, although sampled, is only sampled with actual samples taken from the kit from that actual session, with one exception of one snare sample that is barely noticable. I'm really glad how those samples turned out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good man! I like the layered vocals and definitely a good idea sampling the kit shells before tracking.:headbang:

NickLAudio: Thanks man! Really glad you like it! Yeah, unfortunately I didn't sample it in overl great detail, will have to be more thorough the next time we record drums. :)

sinquestsound: Thanks for your comment, could you elaborate on the guitars and bass not sounding "real" part? If you are implying they are programmed, I assure you both the guitars and bass are played by humans and no more editing done to them than just cutting out some silence... /:

I dig it. I dont think it sounds particularly heavily edited. Its also easy to listen to, which I appreciate. Many of the mixes that get posted around here that blow me away are really good and exciting sounding but I couldn't imagine jamming a whole record that sounded that way. Alot of Sturgis's stuff is like that to me, its all so hyped that its kind of taxing to listen to. This is not that way, good job. I like the song well enough too. If I had to critique it, I think the bass could have more note clarity and the vocals could have some effects throws and stuff to add interest since they are all just screamed.