My band The Hudson Horror releases its debut EP

Christians definitely up in my top three mixers on this forum, I loved that A Silent Escape album he did, even if he never does a single production without that JSX. :D

I'm digging this hard, it's just some good ol' melodeath. I'm also extremely happy that you left out clean vocals.

Thanks guys!!! I just contacted Marcus and said i thought i could add something to the mix. His playing was really freaking great, you know that is how you should pick the fucking strings haha.

Öwen;10474765 said:
Christians definitely up in my top three mixers on this forum, I loved that A Silent Escape album he did, even if he never does a single production without that JSX. :D

Well not always man :p AsE was Engl Savage. Baby Jane 5150 and the Bloodlit clip on my site is Rectifier. I usually try other amps while recording but the JsX rules. Tight, perfect mids etc. Love it :D

Thanks Egan! Also, Christian/Crillemannen was kind enough to do a quick mix of Dark Compulsions (the song) for us, and it pretty much melted my face off and shoveled my mixing skills a big fat slice of humble pie - but damn is it tasty pie :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/332050/The Hudson Horror - Dark Compulsions Studio Haga Mix.mp3

And for a final touch of poetic justice for those who've been here for awhile, he re-amped my DI's and got such an amazing tone from none other than the JSX :lol: (though in my defense, I was exclusively using EMG's back when I had mine and didn't like the tone, passives probably help mellow out the metallic quality I always perceived)

well how about that

quite a difference

Thanks Egan! Also, Christian/Crillemannen was kind enough to do a quick mix of Dark Compulsions (the song) for us, and it pretty much melted my face off and shoveled my mixing skills a big fat slice of humble pie - but damn is it tasty pie :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/332050/The Hudson Horror - Dark Compulsions Studio Haga Mix.mp3

And for a final touch of poetic justice for those who've been here for awhile, he re-amped my DI's and got such an amazing tone from none other than the JSX :lol: (though in my defense, I was exclusively using EMG's back when I had mine and didn't like the tone, passives probably help mellow out the metallic quality I always perceived)

Nice!

But am I the only one getting a strange phasy feeling at some spots?...I think it's coming from the vocals

Nice!

But am I the only one getting a strange phasy feeling at some spots?...I think it's coming from the vocals

As Öwen said i've been using stereowidener on vocals for a couple of months. Don't know when i started using it though. But i always used a doubler as far as i can remember but the stereowidener Makes them blend in nicely with the rest of the instruments. Can be a bit phasy if you're overdoing it. But i like how it makes the vocals sit in the mix.

Nice work, really love the vocals and overall vibe (definitely enhanced by the aggressive playing). Drums and bass could clearly be improved but still enjoyable in current form.