My bands album released on iTunes and Bandcamp

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
Official 'release date' is tomorrow, but it's popped up on iTunes and it's close enough to midnight in California to not care.

This is our debut full length, independently released/recorded/etc. Really proud of what we've come up with, especially considering that until last month, everyone involved with the project was under 20.

It's available on iTunes and Bandcamp, Bandcamp for slightly cheaper since 1. they take less of a cut and 2. I love that platform to bits. The entire album is also streaming on Bandcamp, so definitely check it out before plumping down cash.

Lots of diversity on this album too, so try not to write it off after just one or two songs! :lol:

*Edit* Physical copies are now available for purchase via Bandcamp as well!

-iTunes
-Bandcamp
-Facebook

AiAPhysicals.jpg

Ah yeah, sorry not to mention that! There most definitely WILL be a physical copy; we wanted to get it released as soon as we could since it's been a long time coming, and I'd be lying if I said that the revenue stream from the digital sales wasn't going straight into the physical pressing.

What we're doing, though, is if you buy the digital release and want a hard copy, when they're produced, we'll charge you the $1.40 or so that it costs per unit to manufacture and shipping, and that's it. I've talked to a few people and they seem to think this is fair - if anyone thinks this isn't I'd love to hear from you. Not trying to gauge anyone, just trying to recoop expenses as best as possible and offer the product fairly while still breaking even.

Ah yeah, sorry not to mention that! There most definitely WILL be a physical copy; we wanted to get it released as soon as we could since it's been a long time coming, and I'd be lying if I said that the revenue stream from the digital sales wasn't going straight into the physical pressing.

What we're doing, though, is if you buy the digital release and want a hard copy, when they're produced, we'll charge you the $1.40 or so that it costs per unit to manufacture and shipping, and that's it. I've talked to a few people and they seem to think this is fair - if anyone thinks this isn't I'd love to hear from you. Not trying to gauge anyone, just trying to recoop expenses as best as possible and offer the product fairly while still breaking even.

Sounds great Jeff. I'm more than happy to cover those costs. Purchasing now!
(just tagged you guys on facebook too)

Nice Jeff! I'm feeling this! Liking it quite a lot! The only thing though is, I think the guitars a way too loud compared to drums, or then the drums are too low, so low that it takes away that percussive feeling of wanting to tap your foot or bang your head. But that's a minor thing anyway dude, great music!! :kickass:

Cograts and good luck!

Given the subforum this topic is in I assume you're not after mix criticism?

The engineering is generally pretty good, which is of course no surprise, but I'm certainly not the only one who thinks that the drums are quite buried :\
I suppose most people that buy the album aren't going to care though, but just seems kinda odd to hear them that buried.
Obviously you can't change it now, but hopefully that issue wont come up with the next release.
Music isn't really my thing unfortunately, but wish you guys the best and just the fact you have a super guitarist like yourself with good production knowledge on board puts you way ahead of any of those crappy 'local' type pop punk bands.

As far as not posting in the rate-my-mix section, I just know that there will always be little nitpicks on productions and at the end of the day it just has to be finished and turned in. The guitars were brought up more than I expected in mastering, but I don't think anything in the mix detracts from the music. That's is the most important part, and I think the vast majority of us on here are guilty of too often overlooking songwriting in favor of production.

Andy - care to shoot me a PM/fb message on that? Would love to just mail you a handful of copies if that's what you've got in mind!