My Behind Space '99 cover

Shard

The Unholy Thpoo
Dec 19, 2002
(UC)Santa Barbara, CA
Behind Space '99

Recorded with an ESP EC-300 with stock pickups through a Digitech RPx400 plugged right into the computer. Bass is synthed, drums are programmed using Fruity Loops Studio 4.1 with the Natural Studio nskit7. Vocals done through a Shure SM-58.

The vocals were a bitch to do! They do some weird timings in there like start the vocal line 3/4 of the way through a riff...it was a pain in the ass to get it right.

Oh, and this is in 'E' because I didn't feel like tuning down.

Vocals are done amazingly well. The rest is near perfect too. Although I think you are missing some notes in the first riff.

Yeah, the original version is cool, but learning the acoustic part is a pain in the ass ;) Plus, the '99 version was the first one I heard, so I'm more attached to it.

Iced In Flames said:
So how many people dont fucking know it was done before 99?

What true IF fan could not know about the original version? I like the atmosphere, with the keys on the 99 more than the original. However I love the acoustic bit on the original so I am kind of torn between the versions to which is my favorite.

definitely going to listen it during the next days (i'm in school right now, can't download/listen to it here)

give you my feedback then!

I'm just giving this a bump coz it deserves to be seen more. It's a fucking excellent cover.

Also you need to work on your vibrato, (i didnt really hear any)

However the guitar sound was excellent and suited it very well, the heavyness
The solo isnt bad either, egonomic it wasnt butchered at all

I'm just giving this a bump coz it deserves to be seen more. It's a fucking excellent cover.
Much thanks :)

dude you need to learn the solos man you butcherd them terribly other then that its all good
Erm...I play the main solo in a slightly different rhythm, and the end of it is from Black Ash, but I don't think I butchered it...

Nice, you have to tremolo pick those harmony notes in the intro!!
It doesn't really matter, but yeah, I just played 'em like a melody.

Also you need to work on your vibrato, (i didnt really hear any)
I usually put more into it, but the harmonies get fucked if I do that.

However the guitar sound was excellent and suited it very well, the heavyness
The solo isnt bad either, egonomic it wasnt butchered at all
*bows* :headbang: