My best attempt to make real drums sound good.

justinITB

Mar 22, 2010
www.myspace.com
My drums always sound fake to me because i always program them and use 100 Slate samples, so today i tryed to get some real tones, and actually played along to the song.

Got new heads on the kick and snare and wanted to see if i could get useable tones. So i did a Breaking Benjamin cover, i wasnt trying to get it to sound anything like the song, just used the song to test the tones.

Kick and snare have some Slate mixed in because i couldnt get them punchy enough. But there isnt much, more of it on the kick than snare.

Tell me what you think.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5702817/DOJ.mp3

You always have this same sound on your snare that really bugs me for some reason. What's your eq look like on it?
The rest of the drums sound great though, except for the cymbal being a little too piercing.
I love the kick.

You always have this same sound on your snare that really bugs me for some reason. What's your eq look like on it?
The rest of the drums sound great though, except for the cymbal being a little too piercing.
I love the kick.

I just figured it out today, and didnt bother messing with it yet. Its Ozone's multiband compressor on my master track. It makes the snare sound like that, and it makes the cymbals too piercing. Everything else sounds terrible with it off, so i just kept it on. I just need to work with it.