My best mastering, yet. Favorite band I've done. Check it out!!!!

Shaun Werle

Dec 30, 2009
Brodheadsville PA
This is a band i have been working on for a while, probably the most work i ever put into a band. I recorded this band's whole full length, which is getting released on a label.
I am really stoked on how everything came out

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1058762

The song is the I Am History 2010 and there's another called prime, which cut's off near the end. both 2 songs off the album.
Feel free to listen to the other songs on there, They are one of the first mixes i have ever done, It's crazy listening to my newest work.

I personally like the song too.

Thanks guys!
Feel free to ask questions :)

very nice! didnt dave yukon record them before? youre recordings are way more pro though, i love the huge depth

very nice! didnt dave yukon record them before? youre recordings are way more pro though, i love the huge depth

Yeahh how do you know davey? Where are you from man?

I'll upload my version of the one song they did with davey, Make sure you get the whole album :)

Thank you seriously

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1058762

Make sure you listen to the whole thing, I think it picks up as the song progresses.

Master in ozone, as well as some additional eq on the master, a clipper.

The most important part is the mixing process, getting it clean that way first is so so so import. Literally spent on just mixing/mastering, 25 hours. The whole album was tracked as good as i could get it as well. Everything works with each other

Track to perfection->edit->mixing/level ->master->tweak->bounce

For low end, get that bass guitar where it should be! level it enough to give the mix a nice bottom end to it, also getting a nice tone to sit behind the guitars to make them punchy as hell.
Practice Practice Practice!

If your mix isn't bright enough boost some higher frequencies, not enough low, try to eq boost some low, or go and level the low end instruments differently

Thanks man!

Hope that helped.

i don't know man, i don't think i'm feeling the ozone to be honest o_0 sounds really weird in the highs/highmids, especially when those hihats jump out in the verse. and it could be a bunch louder, to be honest. but the mix/production otherwise sounds totally awesome.

i don't know man, i don't think i'm feeling the ozone to be honest o_0 sounds really weird in the highs/highmids, especially when those hihats jump out in the verse. and it could be a bunch louder, to be honest. but the mix/production otherwise sounds totally awesome.

Thanks man, I can kind of see where your going with the high part but than again i kind of like it. Currently mastering ozone because it's the best i can do right now without spending lots of money on some nice compressors

im like motionless in whites biggest fan ever haha, and dave recorded their full length that got cut down. he does some really cool stuff, as do you. keep it up!