Crazy Tacting Heavyness. Heavyest Mix, I have ever done! (CHECK IT OUT)

anti-mother said:

Trolololol

However dude take this forum with a pinch of salt, it's full of poisonous bitter cynics

Take the advice you're given and get out is my advice :)

guitarguru777 said:
Good job guys, keep it up and we will get rid of all the Djenty Shit on the forum!

::Golf Clap:: @ ERMZ!

I agree that djent bullshit should stay on gearslutz or sevenstring

I think the music is pretty cool personally, and from the thread title I was expecting some atrocious faggy Sturgis-core :Spin: The guitars are a bit cloudy and muffled IMO, sounds like it was perhaps a brighter tone that had a lot of highs cut, but regardless, I'll +1 Ermz on the more brightness/less cloudiness on the guitars request. Again though, I dig the tune honestly!

Good job guys, keep it up and we will get rid of all the Djenty Shit on the forum!

::Golf Clap:: @ ERMZ!

I don't understand why everyone on this forum needs act like complete dicks. Honestly this is a community of people who want opinions and criticism to help improve their mixes and techniques.
The off topic comments, are childish.
I said "tacting" okay now that we established that, I thought we could get some opinions on the actual mix.
I am not shoving sturgis shit in your face! I am simply trying to get better in a lot of different aspects of my recordings with what I currently have.
I mean, honestly everyone on this forum deserves some sort of respect when posting something they did.

I go into a rate my mix, and rate it, give criticism on it.

You go into a thread of someone asking for some thoughts on the mix and you shut the person down and, think your the elite force of the internet.
Just because you've been here for a while does not make you better than someone who just signed up.

i got not much to say concerning the mix, it sounds good to me as it is but there for i am a n00b comparing to the mix-monsters that this place has so my opinion doesn't count much.
how ever i do have to say about this thread responses, i find it highly disturbing. this is the first time i see so much dick comments (from people i didn't expect) at once around here. it makes me wonder WTF! is it the sneap forum that i love to lurk and learn so much?! now is it??? not what i am used to anyway...
this thread just reminds me of another ROFLCOPTER/LoLPear/forchen kinda shit.. FUCK this attitude. you grownup PRO people... :mad:

oh ffs... no one was rude, and being butthurt over nothing on a forum is such a nub move. follow the torments of nsguitar and then realize people being annoyed with the term "tact" is the least of your worries. but i digress...

...you need to work on your slip-tracking. you're cutting at the transient, and not the pick attack, and it's ruining your di's. the riffy parts sound like a guitar VSTi. to fix, in the future: do not cut your DI's on the big transient. you'll notice before each DI transient, there is a little "squiggle". this is the pick attack. that's where the grid line should lay, not the actual note transient itself.

oh ffs... no one was rude, and being butthurt over nothing on a forum is such a nub move. follow the torments of nsguitar and then realize people being annoyed with the term "tact" is the least of your worries. but i digress...

...you need to work on your slip-tracking. you're cutting at the transient, and not the pick attack, and it's ruining your di's. the riffy parts sound like a guitar VSTi. to fix, in the future: do not cut your DI's on the big transient. you'll notice before each DI transient, there is a little "squiggle". this is the pick attack. that's where the grid line should lay, not the actual note transient itself.

what does said squiggle look like?:headbang:

what does said squiggle look like?:headbang:

like a transient taking a shit. or growing a cute little piglet tail! WEEEEEE

geico_sqealer.jpg

Yeah NSGUITAR got destroyed. I do not want to be in that position, But honestly i don't compare to him. I don't lie about having an SSL, and three drum rooms.

As for your advice, So the slightly less dense part of a chug should lay on the grid and not the biggest part of the waveform (transient)
I know at the end it is cut really choppy, but it is supposed to sound like that. My brother made it like. I honestly don't know why haha

I don't like slipping guitars, but do it from time to time.