Updated Mix = Horror

Element77

Sep 12, 2006
Hey guys,

Wondering if you could give a listen to an updated version of a song I have, called "The Horror", it's unfinished, I only have the first half done. I think my mix is off but, I'm curious to hear some feedback on the mix and song, if you would. Thanks!

I personally like where it ends up, but I'm drawing blanks after that....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=657988

"New Horror Mix"

Well, I think the snare doesn't fit too well, you can hear the room where it is recorded quite well in the mix (or that's just me). Give it some reverb and some lower bite, sounds a bit too high for me.

The drums sound very Lofi... If that makes sense. Also there is alot of distant "scratching" from the guitars so you should probably do an eq sweep to find the problem area

K. Now I'm pissed. The more i listen to it, the more it sucks. I think the farther I go, the farther I am moving away from a sound i had that i liked (Intention and Dead star) I appreciate the comments, it helps me see I'm off.

hey dont get too disheartened - I loved the music!!

Killer riffs man, the mix needs work yes, but the music is great.
Liked the bass sound - the kick needs more bottom and low mids
the snare could do with some surgical EQ and heavy compression to tighten it up.

What r you using for your guitar sound??

Pablo, that might be the thing. I'm using so many new things at once, that it might be overwhelming me.
The drums are Superior 1, but the kick and snare mics are 100% sneap samples, and the guitars are PodFarm, with Impulses,
I think I'm all over the place.