My best mix so far...

thanks man and that means a lot coming from you:headbang:

I def dig your work and been aiming for mixes like yours....

That's some cool early mixing work. I would suggest possibly automating the volume of the snare during those blastbeat sections, as it can get a bit overbearing. Kicks could use some cutting through as well, but it could be more that you haven't notched out space in the guitars for them. Kind of hard to hear on myspace.

Anyhow, good stuff.

were do you guys normaly notch out guitars for kick to sit??

I got guitars cut to up to 75hz ..... I cut 80 on the bass for kick to sit there and cut 160 from kick to let bass sit there..

Yea i will mess with kicks though.....

Glad you like it:headbang:

yea were trying to get a decent demo so we can book out of state stuff. Most out of state clubs want a demo and stuff.

Were is a good place to play there Peabody's? Let me know and well book some stuff sown there for sure....

Glad you like it:headbang:

yea were trying to get a decent demo so we can book out of state stuff. Most out of state clubs want a demo and stuff.

Were is a good place to play there Peabody's? Let me know and well book some stuff sown there for sure....

Peabody's, HoB, and Agora are the only ones left in the city itself. Coventry has a decent place called the Grog Shop, and Akron has The Voodoo.

were do you guys normaly notch out guitars for kick to sit??

I got guitars cut to up to 75hz ..... I cut 80 on the bass for kick to sit there and cut 160 from kick to let bass sit there..

Yea i will mess with kicks though.....

It really depends on the track and the guitars. Maybe try to get the kick through without changing the guitars for the time being, and if you're finding that you need to add absurd amounts of high-end to the kick, start notching some holes in the guitars.

I normally take out around 3.3k on guitars as that's where vocals tend to sit. Sometimes it lets the kick through a bit more... but for metal I think you may be looking at a higher register, as our kicks are quite clicky.

Yea I'm going to mess with kick and guitars and maybe notch out around 3k since i have a slight boost on vocals there....