My complaint about the new album

I totally stand behind what Steve stated. To put music into words is to shrink it's meaning and purpose, music is simply music....you just have to feel if you like it or not. It's so hard with labels.....at least I can't figure out what kinda music we're doing???

mr V

On a side note I totally 100% agree with Steve....labels are silly and only useful when you want to organize your CD collection :p

Personally I was just not feeling the whole electronic atmosphere, which I suppose progressed from the obvious introduction in Cosmic Genesis. Its a totally new Vintersorg dimension and that is what you guys were aiming for. Maybe I should put it in my car stereo (forcing me to listen to it everytime I drive) and maybe let it sink in a bit more. But at this current point I cant get into "ESP Mirage" or "A Metaphysical Drama" the rest of the album is great but seems to grow thin after time.

A question to Mr V. Can you tell us anything of the direction of the next album. A topic perhaps (as VFTSG was based on the universe and the movie "Pi" ). Thanks!

F_V (still a HUGE Vintersorg fan :) )

You should of course never force yourself to listen to or like a certain band.

The next album will be called "The focusing blur" and you find more lines what it deal with under the news section on the www.vintersorg.com destination.

Musicwise it's a continuance in our quest, starting of from "Visiosns....but older elements will be present. I can tell you for sure that the chorus on the first part called "The essence" is a very big epic segment, and of course the whole album oozes of Vintersorg....I'm very excited about the songs....and I can tell you also that it'll contain a ballad named "A microscopical macrocosm" that has a very infectious chorus..can't remember when I composed such a enchating melody line the last time....I love the songs myself. It's a very exciting process to put the songs together....it's like when YOU hear the songs the first time...I'm a total stranger to them in a way, I've composed them but still they make me travell mentally and spiritually, I'm like a kid in a candy store..can't wait to lay my hands on the good stuff.

mr V

@luguber didn´t read your post first but hahahaha you have humor man!

btw siberian throatsinging is cool (well, not more then 2 songs) I listen to a cd like that a short time ago hehe

@vintersorg: so it is maybe better then a star-guarded coornation has a really cool chorus!! I looking forward to it

In my opinion it has a better structure and better guitar parts, and as stated the vocals on the chorus is so damn catchy(even if I didn't try to make it that)

mr V

@mr V excellent! I've always been a fan of the ballads (ESPECIALLY The Enigmatic Spirit, one of my all time fav songs). So sounds like that one will be something to look forward too. Cant fuckin wait :headbang:

As for forcing yourself to like music, of course not hehe, but sometimes a CD needs repeated spinning to be appreciated fully ;)

Hey, i still can´t take VFTSG out of my disc player, and mr. V´s already planning the next album! Thats kinda sick!!! Does he ever sleep? So the new album is old already? :-o

Concerning the science elements: I like the folk elements as well, but being a student of electrotecnics, i very much appreciate a more romantic and philosophic sight on all that science stuff. In fact, learning with VFTSG as musical background increases my motivation a lot (if i once graduate, i probably should send a copy of my diploma to mr. V). :)

Originally posted by corrado
Hey, i still can´t take VFTSG out of my disc player, and mr. V´s already planning the next album! Thats kinda sick!!! Does he ever sleep? So the new album is old already? :-o

hehehe....yeah, it sounds rather strange indeed but mr V makes it happen :D
Not that I would complain ;)

Originally posted by YMIR
@luguber didn´t read your post first but hahahaha you have humor man!

What? You're laughing at my very serious opinions?
You're making me really sad here, man.

btw siberian throatsinging is cool (well, not more then 2 songs) I listen to a cd like that a short time ago hehe

Have you heard the band YAT-KHA, from the Siberian republic of Tannu-Tuva? It's folk-rock with throatsinging, sounding a bit like a more primitive Hedningarna based on Siberian music.

Originally posted by Morgana
Again? Hehehehe

I did :lol: . When I ordered it the first time I got an e-mail stating it was out of stock, so I placed an order elsewhere. I didn't realize that the first place (on-line) I tried to order it from would still send my order once it came back in stock, but they did, so I ended up with two. Not a problem though, with Vintersorg's popularity among the metal community it wasn't hard to find a owner for my extra copy.

I do respect musicians like Vintersorg, who create music that they want to play, music that is fulfilling to them and not just geared towards the fans. I would love to hear "Odemarkens Son Pt. II", but understand that its very unlikely with the progression of the band. I may throw a fit, even squirt some tears :cry: , but this isn't Burger King so I don't always get it "my way". Nonetheless, even if more spins of "Visions From The Spiral Generator" doesn't prove to fill that void in my life ;) , I'll still be ordering the next Vintersorg release and eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Luguber@ oh, you were s-s-serious, well I am very sorry and I mean it!!

no, I haven't heard that band but it looks that it is hard to find their music, isn't it? Well, I try to download somewhat somewhere. Maybe you can give me some links???

I heard the Wolga's btw

I finally got some time to go over to a music store and pick up a copy of VFTSG yesterday, and I must say I am very very impressed, I can't stop listening to it!:)

VFTSG is my first album of Vintersorg, so I guess you could call me a newbie:lol: I hope to purchase more of your albums Mr. V:)

thanx Mr V. for getting me hooked! hehe:)

Awsome, Mr. V!!!! Can't wait. I like what I'm "hearing" even though It'll be a while before I can hear it. But it really does sound good! ;)

THAT's all folks!!! (*Saying as Porky Pig*):lol:

Seriously , i didn't bother if their new album have folk or not . I want Vintersorg with new ideas and good ol' ideas , and that's it.

My respect to Vintersorg and Steve.:)