my computer screen went kab00m

delt

and his staff
Nov 27, 2001
Montréal, Canada
www.deimos.ca
dude, the other day i was watching a dvd (the bourne identity :headbang: ) and right in the middle of the movie, my screen goes blank, but still get sound.... so i turn it off and back on, still black screen, i change screen modes with the keyboard, switch to the windowz box and back to my server... still nothing. when i'm checking the wires on the switch box, something in the screen went *POW!!!* really loud, like a fuckin gun shot. there wasn't really any smoke coming out of it, but it was smelling like burnt pcb..... i immediately turned it off and unplugged it!!!!

so right now i'm using my lil spare ttx 15" ...... -) until i can either replace the 17" or have it fixed. :D

damn, im fuckin lucky this didnt start a fire while i was away...... !!

devil.gif

yuck i hate laptops

unusable non-standardized junk that costs 3 times the price of normal computer parts.
+ typing on a laptop keyboard makes me wanna throw the fuckin piece of shit against a brick wall.

delt said:
yuck i hate laptops

unusable non-standardized junk that costs 3 times the price of normal computer parts.
+ typing on a laptop keyboard makes me wanna throw the fuckin piece of shit against a brick wall.
indeed
but they're great for using softsynths live, and end up getting some advantage on the cost/benefit when compared to modules.

But anyway, i have no money to buy one, so yeah
they suck :p

> When I saw the title of this thread I thought that your computer had exploded like a bomb.

the computers are fine, just the screen which almost did :)

a laptop acting as my server here would be like a cheap battery-operated walkman being the center of a hi-fi home cinema playing 24/24.

and you can't really use a switchbox to "switch" the keyb/screen/mouse between several laptops.......

good point. however, when using it at home while seated at a desk, the mouse is quite practical. the built in mouse thing just takes some getting used to. if you have been using laptops for your entire life, as i have, then it doesn't matter which you choose. usually i'm like "screw the regular mouse" anyway lol.