My Copy of Morningrise has...

JesusChristPose

Logic Dictates
Oct 20, 2001
Pittsburgh, Pa
7 tracks instead of five and the printed track listing on the cd istself is out of order.

Do I have a collector's item?

Who else out there has a copy such as mine?

I am not complaining at all. I think this is cool.

no shit, this is what Dan Swano talks about in an interview, he says this is a one of a kind copy sent out for one lucky fan. i'll try and find that interview so you can read it, anyway it basically has 7 tracks and it is the rarest opeth cd you can get. its been valued at $1000 but i know some Opeth fan might pay more. its super rare, you lucky git!!!

I have to ask you, are you serious? If so, I am indeed lucky. I ordered that cd used from half.com - received it from somebody who lived in New York state.

Track number 6 sounds like a live recording done in a studio. I haven't listened to track 7 yet.

Track 4 is Black Rose Immortal, but on the cd it says that track 5 is.

If you are right, I think I will put that away and purchase another copy of Morningrise.

You must rip to mp3 it and send it to us all!

If there were another version of that CD with 2 extra tracks, I would buy it! (for the third time)

Morgan

Originally posted by morganm
You must rip to mp3 it and send it to us all!

If there were another version of that CD with 2 extra tracks, I would buy it! (for the third time)

yes, please do!

If you do intend to rip it, first use CDeX to rip it into WAV format, then use a program called is dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) to convert it into MP3 file at 320 kps.

I believe you can get both from www.download.com and I can get the links for you, if you wish.

My Morningrise booklet has shitloads of typos in the lyrics. But that's not very special, I guess. :cry:

But you are very lucky and you should rip it so the rest of us won't have to hunt you down and tear the cd out of your cold, dead fingers after we make wreaths of your entrails. :D

hmn, i forgot to add a :p to the end of that, sorry. i actualy do feel a bit bad for not doing that and putting your hopes up ALTHOUGH it is probably a one of a kind anyway. oops again i feel a bit stupid, anyway bah.

Are you guys SURE you aren't refering to Opeth's re-release of their first 3 albums after the first print run ran out?

The first 3 albums were re-released with bonus tracks (Two Covers songs and Two Old Demo songs) in 2001.

I''l have to admit 7 tracks instead of 5 is a bit odd for Morningrise is a little odd though. The re-release has six songs, so you may be onto something there......

Anyone else buy the Double LP's?

You TOO!!!:eek: And I thought I was the only git around here silly enough to by the LP's before looking to see if I had a player:rolleyes: :lol: