my crazy journey for a DI box

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
so today i drove to Kearny, Ny to buy a countryman di box off a guy on craigslist. On my way there me and a friend took a wrong exit and ended up in Newark, NJ. While we were lost, we saw someone get stabbed to death in the middle of the street. I dont ever want to go back to newark. So i have a question, if i send the guy a check and it clears, is there any way i can get my money back if he doesnt send the DI box? Normally i would avoid such situation, but this is a good deal (hes charging 110$). Also, has anyone else had a crazy C-list experience like this?

so today i drove to Kearny, Ny to buy a countryman di box off a guy on craigslist. On my way there me and a friend took a wrong exit and ended up in Newark, NJ. While we were lost, we saw someone get stabbed to death in the middle of the street. I dont ever want to go back to newark. So i have a question, if i send the guy a check and it clears, is there any way i can get my money back if he doesnt send the DI box? Normally i would avoid such situation, but this is a good deal (hes charging 110$). Also, has anyone else had a crazy C-list experience like this?

havent really had a crazy c-list experience, except this one time i bought a car from a guy on c-list

we met him in a town that was half way between his and my location. we drove the car back just fine... paid him in several money orders, haha... but that aside, things were fine

a few weeks later, we went back to the same town to get something to eat, on the way home, the driver swirves to miss a dead animal on the road and almost kills all of us (my friend, his fiance, me, and the driver).

the car spun out of control, hit a ditch, rolled over 2.5 times

car was totalled, and everyone survived with minor scratches

wild situation...

I don't get it, you didn't eventually find your way to Kearny? man its like 3 seconds away from Newark. That's pretty ridiculous about the stabbing!

I don't get it, you didn't eventually find your way to Kearny? man its like 3 seconds away from Newark. That's pretty ridiculous about the stabbing!

haha when you see a man stabbed its a pretty scary situation lol, i wanted to get the f*** out of there as fast as possible lol. Anyone know anything about my check situation?

Also Morgray, if you dont mind me asking, where about in NJ are you located? Im in flemington btw

Ah I'm from Kinnelon/Wyckoff, sort've in between homes right now. I don't know about your check situation but those things commonly sell on ebay for under 100, where you're 100% safe with paypal and ebay...you might want to check that out?

Also I doubt hes going to want to con you, what's to stop you from showing up at his house and throwing a brick through his window, you have his address and you're local haha

I would avoid going that route(check) your better off buying it on ebay... i just bought one 5 days ago for 89$ with freeshipping(According to UPS it should get here tomorrow)

Anyways just look for them on ebay... they go lower than 110$

I have a pretty excellent Craigslist story. My brother and I were searching for an amp a few years back and we saw an ad form a guy who said that his brother, who owned a music store, had died and he inherited all of the gear. He had some impressive stuff listed, including a mesa or two and some old vintage Fender amps. We called first, and while he sounded a little weird on the phone we decided to pay him a visit. He lived in a place Boone, NC, which is about an hour from where I live, so we mapquested his address and drove up one Saturday afternoon.

So we're driving along, and soon realize that this guy lives in the middle of fucking nowhere. We went on dirt and gravel roads that probably hadn't been used in years, meanwhile passing run-down trailers and various sketchy looking establishments.

We finally got to his house, which was a dirty beat up single-wide that undoubtedly leaked when it rained. There was an old truck in the front yard on cinder blocks with about a years worth of trash in the bed (not kidding). The place had a horrible smell, the grass hadn't been cut in years, and it looked utterly abandoned. We got out, questioning whether we had the right place, and knocked on the door. About 5 minutes went by; we could hear someone inside grunting (not a "having-sex" grunt either). We were just about to give up and leave after some more knocking when the door opened. The guy had to be about 600 pounds (he obviously had some sort of disability), he smelled god-fucking-awful, and he probably hadn't shaven or showered in literally weeks.

We explained that we were there to check out the equipment that he had, and he pointed over to another trailer, which we hadn't seen since it was overgrown with plants, trees, and vines. We walked over, which took about 10 minutes since this guy didn't move quickly at all, and he opens the door to the other trailer (which wasn't locked by the way). There, right on the fucking floor, is a dead cat. I don't mean dead, I mean almost fully rotten and decomposed.

He yells, "there's that fucking god-damn cat, that son-of-a-bitch ran in here months ago, huhuhuhuh guess I know happened to him!" The guy then proceeds to take his cane, flip it upside down, and use the hook to pick up the dead-fucking-cat and fling it outside. Then he flips the cane back around and HOLDS IT IN HIS GODDAMN HAND!! He points inside, and tells us to go have a look. Hahaha at this point my brother and I are about to fucking leave, but for one reason or another we went inside. The equipment was in the bathroom, which honest to god still had shit in the toilet, although no-one had obviously live in this place for years. There was animal shit everywhere, and several years worth of trash, just stacked up everywhere. All of the equipment was stacked up inconveniently so that we had to move this shit to even see what he had.

Needless to say, we quickly got the fuck out and left. I felt like the whole time he was about to pull out a gun, kill me and leave my body to rot in that damn trailer. It was probably the most surreal moment of my life.

Wow what a story hahahah, loved the part with the cane hahah, you didn´t buyed nothing from him at the end?

Ah I'm from Kinnelon/Wyckoff, sort've in between homes right now. I don't know about your check situation but those things commonly sell on ebay for under 100, where you're 100% safe with paypal and ebay...you might want to check that out?

Also I doubt hes going to want to con you, what's to stop you from showing up at his house and throwing a brick through his window, you have his address and you're local haha

Yo, my boy Eric Scholz lives on Cyli Place in Waldwick off of Wyckoff Ave. Do you know him? He was in In Full Bloom (band) from Jersey.

Yo, my boy Eric Scholz lives on Cyli Place in Waldwick off of Wyckoff Ave. Do you know him? He was in In Full Bloom (band) from Jersey.

I can't say I do but the band name sounds familiar and I know exactly where that is, I drive by it on the way to a Matthew's Diner in Waldwick all the time

Damian, holy shit, that's absolutely incredible :lol: So what amp was it, and did you end up taking it? (and did it work?)

That's some crazy shit.

I'm kind of wondering the same thing as ajhteam. I've never had any problems selling or buying anything inside Finland.

We looked at some sort of Fender Reverb (I can't remember if it was vintage or a reissue), and we liked it a lot, but if I remember correctly he wanted almost double what his advertised price was for it. By that point my brother and I were just ready to get the fuck out, so we didn't sit around and haggle with him. The amp did work though, and it sounded gorgeous!