My day with Jeff Loomis

So what does the signature guitar look like? is at a factory model with his signature and a fancy paint job or is it more custom.?

Aaron Smith said:
And, his new signature Schecter looks awesome. He said that it's going to be unveiled at the next NAMM, and even though he let me take a couple pictures of it, at the time I didn't think to ask him if he would be okay with me putting the pictures online for anyone to see. I doubt it will be an issue but I'd rather wait to ask him than risk causing any trouble. But that doesn't mean I can't describe the guitar...haha. The finish is a flat, transparent dark crimson with the wood grain showing through, with a maple neck with these kind of celtic looking black cross inlays. The headstock is a similar light wood color, of course with his signature engraved into the plastic piece that rests against the first fret. And, it comes stock with the active EMG 7-string pickups...can't remember what they're called. It's a beautiful guitar though, and he said they'll probably go for around $899, but if that's the list price then they will obviously go for less.

It's also got just a volume knob on it, no tone control or a pickup switch. And it has a Floyd Rose, which unless I'm wrong, is pretty uncommon for Schecters.

My buddy who thought that The Great Kat was hot turned out to be gay as an adult. :ill:

I remember back in the day when she used to ask the audience at gigs: "who wants to come up onstage and lick the Great Kat's ass?"

One of those great metal moments.....not. This is a chick who did way too much meth and probably thought Spinal Tap was a documentary :D

I have the padKontrol and DFHS. I don't use the demo that comes with, but yeah, it's a bitch. After you have loaded everything, and set your midi channel on your DAW program. Open up the VST(DFHS) in a project, and two midi tracks will appear. The input output section, on the midi track info is where you get DFHS to pop up. Click on the input, DFHS, and there you are. Click on the output, and use korgpadcontrol for your output. You have to read the Korg manual, to set the program and settings for DFHS. It's p12 s7, and you can set the pad to control each drum individually. It helps to keep hitting the pads, while your guessing.:lol: I have my Padkontrol set up with USB. Those manuals suck, but you have to go over them several times to get started. Tell Jeff, Hey, for me! Good luck :heh:

I think I understand this, and it may really help, but let me first make absolutely sure that you entirely understood me- I can't actually get DFHS to show up in the plug-in lists inside of Pro Tools. So even if I have a midi channel linked to the padKONTROL, how can I get DFHS running if I don't see it in a plug-in list? Even if it's a Rewire application, I still need Pro Tools to list it so I can connect to it. Does Pro Tools 7 put it's root plug-in folder in a weird place that DFHS isn't automatically installing itself to?

I remember having to "re" install DFHS, after not working for me the first time. That may be your fix. Even though the free "Korg" version of DFHS was installed with the padkontrol software, it is not useable for me, since I have the full version of DFHS already installed.:cool: So, I haven't used the free version. I would try a re-install. Or, you could bring Jeff a full version of DFHS, as a kind gesture.:kickass: There are some cool midi maps and templates for DFHS around the forum, once you get started.

I remember having to "re" install DFHS, after not working for me the first time. That may be your fix. Even though the free "Korg" version of DFHS was installed with the padkontrol software, it is not useable for me, since I have the full version of DFHS already installed.:cool: So, I haven't used the free version. I would try a re-install. Or, you could bring Jeff a full version of DFHS, as a kind gesture.:kickass: There are some cool midi maps and templates for DFHS around the forum, once you get started.

I tried a reinstall more than once when I was at his place. And if I go through the Digidesign folders (Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins, or whatever it is), it lists drummer.vst in the folder, just like all the other plug-ins that DO show up. I'm just baffled why it won't show up, even after using my VST to RTAS wrapper. We also installed his Korg version of Reason, and that doesn't show up in the plug-in lists, inside a Pro Tools session, either.

I tried a reinstall more than once when I was at his place. And if I go through the Digidesign folders (Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins, or whatever it is), it lists drummer.vst in the folder, just like all the other plug-ins that DO show up. I'm just baffled why it won't show up, even after using my VST to RTAS wrapper. We also installed his Korg version of Reason, and that doesn't show up in the plug-in lists, inside a Pro Tools session, either.
Like I said before, I had the same issue with tons of plugins such as M-Tron, and it turns out it's a compatibility issue. DFHS only recently works on the intel macs as it is due to an update, so unless there's an update I'd say the odds of a free version of DFHS working with an Intel Mac is slim.

Like I said before, I had the same issue with tons of plugins such as M-Tron, and it turns out it's a compatibility issue. DFHS only recently works on the intel macs as it is due to an update, so unless there's an update I'd say the odds of a free version of DFHS working with an Intel Mac is slim.

Aha! Yeah, fuck, I'm running DFHS on a pc. I would check the DFHS site for an updated version for the mac. Or set up the rig on a pc.

Wow, an Emo with Jeff Loomis.

Let me see if I have this right,
I take the time to get on this forum of cool people who have a mutual interest in metal and recording, to share about an amazing experience that I've been able to have with none other than Jeff Loomis himself, and all you can do is make fun of me based on the photograph I posted? If you want to judge my character and my musical tastes by looking at a picture of me then you are allowed that freedom, but I don't appreciate being publicly insulted in a place where we're supposed to be helping each other.

Wait, you said "drummer" pops up in your vst folder? That's it, man.:lol: It's drummer, cocktail, and percussionist. That controller is real bitchin' though, once you get it working. Works fucking great with DFHS.

Wait, you said "drummer" pops up in your vst folder? That's it, man.:lol: It's drummer, cocktail, and percussionist. That controller is real bitchin' though, once you get it working. Works fucking great with DFHS.

yeah but he's saying it shows up in the VST folder but not in the plugins list. So you like that controller? I've been programming for a while, what are the advantages of triggering with something like that?

i get lessons with rusty cooley right now which is pretty cool considering hes like the 6th fastest shredder of all time or something like that..but i would shit my pants for lessons with Jeff Loomis

Ugh... I cant shit in the woods without someone name dropping that assclown in this city...

The difference between those two is vast.

yeah but he's saying it shows up in the VST folder but not in the plugins list.

Exactly. I'll let Jeff know it's looking like he might have to actually buy the full version of DFHS. Other than that, my only idea is actually talking to some physical person on the phone from Toontracks and getting an abosolute confirmation that there's no way to run the Korg version on his Mac...but I don't even think they have phone support, unless I somehow missed it on their website.

Ugh... I cant shit in the woods without someone name dropping that assclown in this city...

The difference between those two is vast.

i know they are both different, but they are still both "shredders" and masters of their instruments..you can like rusty or you can hate him but my playing has improved drastically since i started lessons with him so i cant complain

also if you've actually ever met the guy hes pretty cool so..

Exactly. I'll let Jeff know it's looking like he might have to actually buy the full version of DFHS. Other than that, my only idea is actually talking to some physical person on the phone from Toontracks and getting an abosolute confirmation that there's no way to run the Korg version on his Mac...but I don't even think they have phone support, unless I somehow missed it on their website.

May be worth posting on the Toontrack support forum. They turn around queries pretty quickly with Admins and Support folks on there just about 24/7.

i know they are both different, but they are still both "shredders" and masters of their instruments..you can like rusty or you can hate him but my playing has improved drastically since i started lessons with him so i cant complain

also if you've actually ever met the guy hes pretty cool so..

how could I come up with that he's an assclown if I didnt know him? lol.

anyways... nevermind all that.