My Dying Bride

MetallicaSux

But only lately.....
Oct 6, 2003
South Africa
Visit site
Hi got hold of The Angel And The Dark River last night. What do you guys think of it? I think it is quite cool, only issue i have is that i don't really like the lead singers voice.

Well dude, I wouldn't buy anymore of their cd's. He's on all of them. I think his vocal's are one of the most honest and passionate voices out there. Love that album. you might dig his death vocals a bit more. Try out 'Light At The End Of The World' or 'The Desperate Hours'. The tracks are still mixed with clean and death styled vocals, but you might be able to sink your teeth deeper into these albums. And I highly recommend 'As The Flower Withers'. No one else would. othing but death vocals on this one.

Aaron has one of the best growls I've heard, and his melancholy vocals fit their atmospheric music well methinks. Get 'The Dreadful Hours' next.

Do NOT get The Dreadful Hours next. Most UltimateMetal users have horrid taste, so of course they wouldn't recommend what is OBVIOUSLY (obvious to anyone with a working brain that is) their best, which is Turn Loose the Swans. Get that one next.

hibernal_dream said:
The vocals are an acquired taste. They're not mean to be pretty and floral but sorrowful.

Exactly. They are an acquired taste...his clean vox at least. But his growl...oh, his growl...It is is one of the best I have ever heard. Definately get Turn Loose The Swans next!

one og my fav all time bands.

After u get Turn loose the swans and The dreadful hours- get 34.7% complete- experimental but good. Dont bother with The light at the end of the world- its god -but it sounds exactly the same as past mdb albums.

I got the reissue with the bonus track The Sexuality of Bereavement, and the bomus live disc. Its pretty good, so far my two favorite MDB songs are The Sexuality of Bereavement and From Darkest Skies. But overall, I like the Turn Loose the Swans album more.

LuminousAether said:
Do NOT get The Dreadful Hours next. Most UltimateMetal users have horrid taste, so of course they wouldn't recommend what is OBVIOUSLY (obvious to anyone with a working brain that is) their best, which is Turn Loose the Swans. Get that one next.
Turn Loose the Swans is excellent too. I'm surprised that Luminous rates it.

Yes I love this album, one of my top ten albums. Aarons clean vox are amazing (as are his growls). Martin was an amazing addtion on violin and Rick was a killer drummer. To bad those two left, but some how they have persevered and released the excellent "Dreadful Hours". Try that or Turn Loose the Swans...

The first one I bought was Turn Loose and I hated it. I didn't listen to MDB for a long time after that but I revisited them and loved it. Once you get used to what the vocals are trying to acheive, it's all good. Now I have all but the Meisterworks.