The best music to...

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
...smoke, go to bed, throw on your headphones and just absorb yourself into?

My Dying Bride - Any of em but particularly "The Angel and The Dark River"
Isis - Oceanic
Pink Floyd
Anathema
Opeth
Katatonia
Radiohead

etc..

Recommendations?

\m/ :yell: \m/

I agree with all of yours, BloodStainedWalls.

I'd add :

Neurosis : A Sun That Never Sets
Green Carnation : Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness
Lacrimosa : Fassade

Although strangely, I find myself able to fall asleep listening to Akercocke's 'The Goat Of Mendes' too... and no, that's not 'cos they're boring! :)

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
In Flames - The Jester Race
My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down, Tonight's Decision
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Amorphis - Am Universum

My Dying bride - The dreadful hours...
Opeth - Blackwater Park, Still life
Everything by Tori Amos
Mozart
Beethoven

But its better if you make your own CD with all the songs you like... i would put Theater of tragedy, Katatonia, Porcupine Tree, In Flames, Opeth... etc.

Well, my drug of choice ended up being alchohol, but after massive beer consumption a few CDs end up getting played....

Accept - "Metal Heart" The ultimate in "staggering trips to the bathroom metal." Most thrash bands can't even match that intensity. It'll make you want to go beat up your neighbors. You can't beat the tone and production on this CD.

The Goo Goo Dolls - "Dizzy Up the Girl" Yeah it's slightly more than slightly cheesy, but it's hard to find a more soulful voice than Rzeznik. It'll make you want to go hug your wife, girlfriend, dog etc.

Metal Church - "Blessing in Disguise" One of the top ten thrash albums ever. Those guys deserved more acclaim than they received.

Vanden Plas - "Beyond Daylight" Huge sound, great songwriting and performance by the German prog-metal masters. Listening to "Scarlet Flower Fields" while intoxicated might give you dain bramage.

Beatles - any CD named "Revolver" or later. These guys helped "invent" experimental music.

Pink FLoyd - all of it.... much like The beatles, as they pushed experimental music.

Angel Dust - "Bleed" A classic before it's time. Great diversity and songwriting.

Bryant

forevernin said:
Ministry-psalm69

Indeed. And...
MINISTRY:Filth Pig, Darkside Of The Spoon
KYUSS:Blues For The Red Sun, Sky Valley, And The Circus...
BRUTAL TRUTH:Need To Control, Extreme Conditions...,
PANTERA:Vulgar Display Of Power, Far Beyond Drivin
CANNIBAL CORPSE:The Bleeding, Gallery Of Suicide
MEATHOOK SEED:Embeded
TYPE O NEGATIVE:October Rust
PRIMUS:pork Soda, Frizzle Fry
MR.BUNGLE:Mr. Bungle, Disco Volante, California
SECRET CHIEFS THREE: Book M

fall asleep - Testament - Souls of BLack (thats not even my favorite testament album but i just like it while im half asleep for some reason)

absorb Death - Leprosy/ Cannibal Corpse - Butchered at Birth

best album to get into.... Nile - In their Darkened Shrines