I'm a newbie

andjamsaw

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
Hi everyone, I have been reading this board for the past 4-5 months but today I decided to join.

I'm a huge Opeth fan and I'm very excited by Opeth annoucement that they will tour Australia Next April. I will be going to the Adelaide Gig on the 21st at the barton threater.

Apart from Opeth I enjoy Porcupine tree, Red sparrowes, Isis, Sigur ros, my dying bride, ayreon, dark tranquility, dan swano, devin townsend, godspeed you black emperor, six organs of admittance, explosion in the sky, autechre, nick drake, jeff buckley, John coltrane, katatonia, pain of salvation, mostly autumn, secret chiefs 3, pink floyd, sonic youth, Queensryche, jesus and the mary chain, camel, bloodbath, guided by voices, joy division soilwork.

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. I wouldn't consider myself a metalhead at all but I do like Opeth and various metal bands as listed above.

saw My Dying bride earlier on this year, they were fantastic. i thought the guy was fucked up on heavy drugs, cause Ive never seen anyone perform LIKE THAT. Falling on his knees, crawling on the stage, his hands covered with scars and something that looked like blood. Then he got up and started chatting with the audience bout how expensive the beer was. Weird gig.

Yes, anyway, welcome to the board. Cant believe someone has been reading all this for months without joining in. Thats all right tho, it could be worse. I know this guy who doesnt have an email account cause he says he always forgets the password.

I'm from Adelaide aswell and can't wait for their show in April, at the Thebarton Theatre. I think someone made an error and thought the "the" wasn't part of the name, so it appears as the barton theatre on their website.

Hey there I'm from NZ & are soooo happy that Opeth have decided to add lil old NZ to the Aussie tour, Omigod I just bout had a heartattack when I heard that. Man.. hardly any bands come here! Well not ones as great as Opeth, so can't wait to see them.
I thought I was goin to have to go to Sweden.
Well I'm new to this forum too& was just mucking round on net &... here I am now typing this message, to gods know who!!!
I guess the thing we all have in common & the only thing that really matters is our f**ken awesome taste in music!!! \m/

andjamsaw said:
Hi everyone, I have been reading this board for the past 4-5 months but today I decided to join.

I'm a huge Opeth fan and I'm very excited by Opeth annoucement that they will tour Australia Next April. I will be going to the Adelaide Gig on the 21st at the barton threater.

Apart from Opeth I enjoy Porcupine tree, Red sparrowes, Isis, Sigur ros, my dying bride, ayreon, dark tranquility, dan swano, devin townsend, godspeed you black emperor, six organs of admittance, explosion in the sky, autechre, nick drake, jeff buckley, John coltrane, katatonia, pain of salvation, mostly autumn, secret chiefs 3, pink floyd, sonic youth, Queensryche, jesus and the mary chain, camel, bloodbath, guided by voices, joy division soilwork.

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. I wouldn't consider myself a metalhead at all but I do like Opeth and various metal bands as listed above.
Have you brought Pizza with you.