Emotion Runneth Over

lizard said:
Dude, Nick Drake is really intriguing. I bought Way to Blue - An Introduction this weekend after reading about him for years, I was blown away by "Cello Song".

Marksveld, as a guy who plays accoustic guitar, I think you would really like this guy, if you haven't heard of him already.

Interesting... I thank you for the reccomendation. I'll check this guy out- I love acoustic music!!!

Damien Rice is a total win, but he might be a bit too sappy for some here. I love his stuff though. It's sexy, romantic folk music with this underlying melancholy to it. Beautiful.

Of course, Nick drake is good, but I think the best of his Five Leaves Left. I like it better than Pink Moon simply because of the strings.

Maybe some "screamo" bands (which I totally dig) like GlassJaw, Underoath, and Alexisonfire. They're pretty emotional, so check those out.

Silverchair's Neon Ballroon is extremely emotional and totally worth checking out (if you're going to turn this album down based on stupid reasons like they're grunge or gay or whatever you can just eat a pile of shit, k?). A bout with depression and anorexia plus amazing strings and an incredible vocalist make this a fierce onslaught of emotions.

And last I'd like to mention Current 93. Seriously, All the Pretty Little Horses is probably one of the most emotionally dynamic albums ever made. There's this deep sense of pain pouring out in Tibet's sentiments that you can't help but be enthralled. The man is captivating. It's no wonder an emotionally driven powerhouse like Agalloch is so heavily influenced by this band. Highly recommended, but good luck finding a copy.

Doomcifer. YOU need to check out Broken Social Scene, very very awesome band, pick up You Forgot it in People ASAP. Also, did you ever buy Those Who Tell The Truth.... by explosions?

lizard said:
Doomcifer: Pink Moon is the one with just vocal and guitar, right? cause if I get anything more of Drake's, I'd rather have that than the stuff with strings.

That is correct sir. It's only 28 or so minutes, but so entrenched with emotion. As you know, he killed himself shortly after.

fotmbm, by emotional, I mean sad, beautiful, cathartic, transcendental, and extremely introspective, what-have-you music. NOT angry music; on the contrary.

Furious B said:
Damien Rice is a total win, but he might be a bit too sappy for some here. I love his stuff though. It's sexy, romantic folk music with this underlying melancholy to it. Beautiful.

I totally concur.

Furious B said:
Of course, Nick drake is good, but I think the best of his Five Leaves Left. I like it better than Pink Moon simply because of the strings.

Also an amazing release. Both are "must owns" imho.

Furious B said:
And last I'd like to mention Current 93. Seriously, All the Pretty Little Horses is probably one of the most emotionally dynamic albums ever made. There's this deep sense of pain pouring out in Tibet's sentiments that you can't help but be enthralled. The man is captivating. It's no wonder an emotionally driven powerhouse like Agalloch is so heavily influenced by this band. Highly recommended, but good luck finding a copy.

Hmm. I have tried pretty hard to get into Current 93 to no frickin' avail. It has always been with this certain release as well. I guess I shall suck it up and try again. I only remember one song that I particularly really enjoyed with gentle acoustics and whispered vocals.

HarmonyDies.... said:
Doomcifer. YOU need to check out Broken Social Scene, very very awesome band, pick up You Forgot it in People ASAP. Also, did you ever buy Those Who Tell The Truth.... by explosions?

Dude, I'm so on it after reading a brief description. Wow.

In regards to TWTTT...yes but haven't given it much attention. :cry:

All of the above advice is wrong. :p

These albums are just oozing with emotion:
Anathema - Eternity
Anathema - Alternative 4
Anathema - Judgement

.....and "Eternity" is probably one of the best Cd's ever.

Crimson Velvet said:
Just get Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - "No more Shall We Part" and "The Boatman's Call". Extremely emotional!

I just ordered both of them from Amazon after hearing a few songs off each. Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I extensively thank you and J. for the recc.

I've got Damien Rice's O, and while it's decent, most of the material pales next to Volcano, which is an amazing song.