Best My Dying Bride album?

I only have "34.788% Complete" (just picked it up last night...blindly, no doubt) and I like it somewhat. But I've heard a few of their songs from other releases and yeah, I can see where MDB fans would call this album "awful".

Necros said:
Release the Swans

:err: :err: unless you mean Turn Loose the Swans, wtf are you talking about??

anyway, i think Light at the End of the World and Turn Loose the Swans are their best.

and 34.788%...Complete isn't too bad.

I really like the last 2 MBD albums, but I do still miss the violins. The synth just doesnt compare. They also should not have redone return of the beautiful, as they really didn't add anything to the song, plus its missing the violins, ,which where IMO a big part. They should have made a new sear me song, like they were doing because every one of the sear me songs kick ass. Anyway, I'd have to say Turn Loose the Swans overall.

Wow, everyone likes something different! The mark of a truly great band. I think i've heard, like, two songs from them. And that was before I ever liked deathy or doomy schtuff.

I recently discovered that my least favorite albums are the ones with all clean vocals like "gods" and "angel"

This is why my favorites are "swan" and "dreadful" which have combination of clean/death vocals, this adds variety and dramatic impact missing from all clean albums.

I do miss the violins from older albums, this was nice touch.