My Dying Bride

I only own The Dreadful Hours but that album is great! The perfect mix of aggression and depression, heaviness and melody, growls and clean vocals... Sounds like I was describing an Opeth album, doesn't it? :D

MDB - Support = Lacuna Coil - 27th APRIL LONDON MEAN FIDLER (LA2) ive already got my ticket, its a long time away though.

What the Dickens!!!

I totally missed that one, I'll have to get my grubby hands on a ticket quick-sharp!

I love A&TDR, but my interest kind of faded after that, I hear the new one is a return to form. Once I've put my keen money making scam into place and I can afford to eat, I might just buy that instead.

Originally posted by veil the sky

What the Dickens!!!

I totally missed that one, I'll have to get my grubby hands on a ticket quick-sharp!

well i doubt they're gonna sell out now...:rolleyes: but hurry anyway. i dont know about Lacuna Coil though, the bloke at resurection records says he phoned century media and they said they are. what a night it will be. so who else is coming?

Unique, poetic band. 34,788% is my favourite (lighter? whiny? nonsense - and it's not that experimental too), together with the last two. Here's a band that keeps its style intact and manages to develop it and travel inside their own personality; the last album is another dig deeper into the dark.

D Mullholand

Originally posted by my dying groom
yourdeadgroom-guy (idiotic name if you ask me)

Well screw you too, punk! :p

Damn, it's like my lost twin brother is talking here. :lol:
Perhaps we were intentionally separated at birth so that Darth Vader won't discover both of us :loco:

I see we have a similar # of posts, and registered at the same time too :eek:
You know what they say about great minds....
We should unite and take over the world. I bags you get to be Leia though :D

By the way, I just saw Bolt Thrower live. "Onwards!!!" Yeeesss! :)

:eek: Damn. Wish they'd come over here :( The new album crushes my skull :headbang:

As for MDB, can't go past TA&TDR, my #1 all-time album by anyone ever :D
Favourite track on the new one is the title track, such an amazing atmosphere at the start, and Aaron is really good at portraying the different characters. The kid sounds really scared at the start, the mother's a wimp, then he puts in the deep growls to represent the Father. Very cool. Something I used to wish he did more of, particularly on ATFW, all these songs with multiple characters but no variation in the vocals. Nice to see the job he did on the re-record of 'Return of the beautiful', all the voices really stand out, though I think the old recording is better, it has more of a dense atmosphere.