My Encounter with "Panhandler Rage"

this was a strange encounter.

scene: I'm outside my eye doctor's office, sitting in my car with the window rolled down. out of the corner of my eye, I see a black dude walking briskly down the sidewalk in my direction. He approaches my side of the car.

black dude (bd)(speaking very quietly, politely and crisply): Sir....sir! No, don't be alarmed, not all black men are criminals!

me: er....

bd: (holds out some vaguely official card) Sir, I'm a former member of the 101st Airborne in vietnam. I served my country proudly, but right now I'm a little down on my luck. Could you please spare a few dollars to help this veteran out, sir?

me: well, I'm a little short on cash right now...

bd (voice rising to a crescendo-ish roar):YOU MOTHERFUCKER! YOU UNGRATEFUL WHITE MAN!

ugh, I hate that shit. it's so bad out here in SF.

Monday morning, walking down Market St. (SF's main st.) to work at 4am. some homeless dude starts approaching me while I'm on my cell with an angry client and I just tell him to beat it. he starts being like "uh, but I haven't even asked.." and I was just "BEAT IT!" like he wasn't gonna ask for some shit. fuck that. don't fucking talk to me at 4am when I'm on my way to work.

avi said:
ugh, I hate that shit. it's so bad out here in SF.

Monday morning, walking down Market St. (SF's main st.) to work at 4am. some homeless dude starts approaching me while I'm on my cell with an angry client and I just tell him to beat it. he starts being like "uh, but I haven't even asked.." and I was just "BEAT IT!" like he wasn't gonna ask for some shit. fuck that. don't fucking talk to me at 4am when I'm on my way to work.
"avi -- caught on tape"

THAT'S what i'd like to see.