My morning... haha

Jan 10, 2005
So I'm at work minding my own business doing the daily routine when this homeless lady walks in. Feet were black as hell, she stunk so bad I could smell her as soon as she walked in the door from 20 feet away. She had this giant bag with her, like 2'x4', and it looked like one of those attache things that you would carry a painting around in.

Anyway, she walks up to the counter and this is the conversation we have:

Homeless Lady: "Hey do you have any string?"
Me: "Uhh..." (looking around the desk and counter) "I don't think so."
HL: "Well anything small enough to fit through my angel" (she presents a small angel pendant)
Me: "Hmm... maybe a paper clip? And then I have this lanyard thing here you can use to clip the paper clip to it."
HL: "Maybe that will work."

So, pretty normal conversation I guess. Then as she is trying to MacGuyver the paperclip, lanyard and angel pendant she starts just talking to herself. I pretended to be distracted by work but I was listening to her because it was nuts:

HL: "Someone has been touching my neck the past few days. My neck and my body. Can you believe we are trying to get away from those black Nazis? Can you believe that? You know, they want to put AIDs in my head so they can buy my bibles, can you imagine that? A black man trying to touch a white man's bible. You know they talked about that during the 5th Reich back in the 30's and 40's? Benjamin Franklin predicted it, said there will be invisible ink that you can see with a camera in your eye. Billy Mays was selling that on TV yesterday, what planet was that on do you remember?"

I look over at her and give an awkward chuckle. She just stands there for a second and then moves her "purse" to a more accessible position. This thing is really huge.

HL: "Hey do you need a wrench?"
Me: "Not that I know of."
HL: "It's adjustable and real nice. I found it on another planet, not here. You would be amazed at what you can find on Neptune.
Me: "Is that so..."
HL: "Ok well thank you for the string, I'll see how it works on my stairmaster."
Me: "...anytime?"

So she leaves. Then about 10 minutes later I'm at the desk and I see her walking behind a man and then off the sidewalk following him to his car door, uncomfortably close I might add. At first it's her engaging him, I'm assuming either for money or strange conversation. I was half right.

HL: "DO YOU REALIZE IT'S COMING?? Obama is the fucking PRESIDENT - what do you think he'll do with all THE BEEEEFFF?"

That's pretty much it so far. She paces the shopping center and passes by the windows every so often, talking to herself very loudly about random things.

I read once that about a third of the homeless population are schizophrenics, I would say you definitely witnessed that statistic in action!

Well my phone has a camera but I didn't want to risk her getting mad at me for filming her and then her come at me like a spider monkey :lol:

LOL

Little bit of an update... She just started telling the story of King Arthur. But she kept going "listen... so King Arthur - LISTEN TO ME" but there is absolutely nobody else out there.

That's lol-tastic, in the city I live in there's this lady, who isn't homeless, but she always walks just walks around town talking to her self about little green men etc.

Haha awesome!! sometimes you meet this cool people, i was in Texas once and i hear from the distance a really loud voice like singing, then a few minutes later i found out it was a man yelling but damn he was yelling so loud that i thought it was a car stereo. Here we have a few homeless people who are like celebrities everybody know´em, we have one frank zappa, a jimmy hendrix, a guy who are dancing all day, and i mean all day, and of course the naked lady with her baby (a doll).

Dude this reminds me of my old job... I worked at a relay center, where deaf people can call in using a VCO device, or they connect via TTY or internet. Anyway, about 3 times a week some lady would connect and start a 15 minute rant about some of the most insane shit I have ever read. She never placed a call or even gave a number, this woman was bat shit crazy!!! This is what it looked like coming on the screen;

"hello hellehlasjdf you call me to the man with jkee the a salt and pepper dark hary man I want him he handsome and the curhch hehurhf church they know ome to hthey take my money its a trap a trap trap and i call to them and they say to take my truck the government the church Im lonely I need the salt and pepper hair man to save me and take care of htle fu and thenlkd to they th but ti no you I telly ou you I tell you"

In my hometown there was this freak. He would always speak to total strangers about his inventions and plans on technical devices. I got to listen his stories couple times and they were foolish and naive at best :). They say he lost his mind while studying too much. We all thought he was harmless. One day he forgot to take his medicines and sneaked to nearby house and stabbed a man to death. The stabbed man was my friends uncle. Horrible event, never would have imagined that something like this would happen in that little town.

I have a lady that I work with who is schizophrenic.

Here is what I heard the first week on the job 5 years ago when she was taking a shower (I heard it through the door, she talks to people who don't exist quite loudly).

"Who do you think you are"
"Well I'm gonna kill that baby if you don't love me"
(the next line was in the creepiest fucking voice ever)
"but mommy I didn't do it"
"you little bastard you should die"
"I'm gonna throw you off the stairs"
"She doesn't agree with me"
"I'll stab that little fucker she is a shitty shit"

Oh and then there was the most epic shit ever:

"Loren, my shoes say they don't want me to put my feet in them and that it will hurt." --- Talking about a new set of shoes we got her.

What is funny is that we are advised to play into it because no amount of reasoning works due to the fact that THIS IS REALITY FOR THEM, we just aren't supposed to admit we see the same actions/ hear shit that doesn't exsist. So I said (to her shoes) "hey knock it off it won't be so bad quite being a wimp" :lol:

Keep in mind she is also mentally retarded.

Do you think gollum is schizophrenic?

gollum.jpg

What is funny is that we are advised to play into it because no amount of reasoning works due to the fact that THIS IS REALITY FOR THEM, we just aren't supposed to admit we see the same actions/ hear shit that doesn't exsist. So I said (to her shoes) "hey knock it off it won't be so bad quite being a wimp" :lol:

Erh, those guys who advised you to do that dont know shit about psychology..
My dads used to work with mentally ill people, and the number one rule they had was to not _EVER_ confirm what they see, because it enhances their "visions".. the more you confirm it, the more real it becomes, and eventually they will get a complete mental breakdown(Which in some cases means death.).

They had one exception, which was this really old man with a heart problem.. he saw little devils around him stabbing him with their forks, and he really felt the pain, so if they didn't pretend to kill them he would probably die from a heart attack.

Since we're on the subject of smeagol...

*runs off and grabs microphone*

5 mins gents..