My EP Guitar Tone Preview....Raw

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Ok guys,

Just finished reamping the last of my upcoming EP guitar tones this afternoon so I thought ill post a little clip.

Mark *Metaljonsey* popped over and gave a much appreciated helping hand with half the guitar tracks here last Wednesday :kickass:

This is totally raw besides some low mid C4, no LP/HP etc. It does need a bit of touching up but the final tone will be heard when I finish the EP

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/451140/tone 3.mp3

:kickass:

New clip with some EQ cuts:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/451140/tone 15.mp3

Can you post those other clips you did when you first showed off the Mustaine Cab in this thread as well?

I'm liking this, but I think I liked your old tone better.

I'm through headphones right now and it sounds like a really nice tone.
I'm not 100% sure about the mids, there seem to be some honkyness going on, but I'll verify on monitors tomorrow...
I'm liking the tight palm mutes.

Good stuff!

Ill see if I can find the old clips, although those were all EQ'd, I don't think ive posted any raw guitars besides speaker shootouts before :)

Im pleased with how its come out, its really workable and takes EQ well. Its a little stuffy in the 400-500ish area now imo, but -1db and its pretty golden. But im not posting that just yet! I was aiming for the note definition/pick attack so be clear as possible straight from the amp.

I agree. There was a lower honk and a mid honk. They seem to be more tame now that the clip has been updated. I would probably go a little further with the subtractive EQ just to make it less stuffy and give it more brightness without shelving or boosting the highend.

Done

Updated the EQ link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/451140/tone 15.mp3

tbh ted it sounds great for a raw tone! and we nailed a great one on the day!

I agree! We did well!

The first clip sounds great, the second clip sounds FREAKIN' AWESOME !!! To me it's one good example of killer modern metal production. I like it as much if not more than some Sneap stuff and the last Revocation album production (killer modern production also).

The music sounds great too. Looking forward to hear the whole ep !

Seriously it's one of the best clips (talking about clip 2) i've heard on this forum so far, if not in general.

The first clip sounds great, the second clip sounds FREAKIN' AWESOME !!! To me it's one good example of killer modern metal production. I like it as much if not more than some Sneap stuff and the last Revocation album production (killer modern production also).

The music sounds great too. Looking forward to hear the whole ep !

Seriously it's one of the best clips (talking about clip 2) i've heard on this forum so far, if not in general.

Wow man, that is VERY much appreciated!

Im pretty stoked now the guitar tones pretty much down, I want to get the EP finished asap and when I do ill let you all know straight away.

Once again thanks alot! :headbang:

I have taken pictures of the recording....settings etc, not sure if anybody wants to see them but if so just let me know :)