My EP Guitar Tone Preview....Raw

Wow man, that is VERY much appreciated!

Im pretty stoked now the guitar tones pretty much down, I want to get the EP finished asap and when I do ill let you all know straight away.

Once again thanks alot! :headbang:

I have taken pictures of the recording....settings etc, not sure if anybody wants to see them but if so just let me know :)

Cool ! Post them pictures also !

First clip sounded good here but abit muffled, second clip is beyond words! Cool riffing with nice & tight playing too :headbang:

Thanks guys, ill post pics etc maybe later today, im full of cold now, so im no doubt gonna have some rest and a lemsip for now :p

Ill give a few details now though. Me and Mark experimented a lot with settings and mic position on the 6505 takes. Ended up going back to pretty much the sneap style settings and mic positioning. Though I couldn't get the resonance on the 6505 anywhere near max as Audiohammer likes because the 1960DM has shit loads of low end already. With the Boogie I ended up going with the red channel for once rather than the orange that ive used for a good while now along with similar mic positioning as the 6505. The red had more definition and midrange this time around.

EQ was mainly a series of little cuts from around 250hz-800hz each one only about -1db, a slightly deeper cut at 3.5khz and another small one at 6.1khz.

The clip with tape saturation sounds great too, just abit softer and somehow generic here.

The clip without tape saturation have that spike, raw power and awesome aggressiveness which made me speechless, just plain WOW!

It's a win-win anyways, other tone sounds GREAT and the other is GODLIKE! No tears today :D

As promised:

P1020115U-1.jpg

P1020118-1.jpg

P1020159-1.jpg

P1020120-1.jpg

P1020148-1.jpg

P1020150-1.jpg

P1020113U-1.jpg

P1020112U-1.jpg

Metaljonsey^

However, regarding the Peavey settings the lead channels pre-gain ended up lower than 4.5 as we had some tecchy problems....but I won't go into that now. Id say the amount of gain on the final was around 3.5ish.

hmm naa thats not how it works though, as you can krank the gain up on the amp with a low trim setting on the output, and its not the same as kranking the trim up with a low gain setting, its the input going to the amp saturation the pre stage, i say we still got the gain right tbh, especially from my remaping, it was a pretty standard sound for the gain at that setting!

hmm naa thats not how it works though, as you can krank the gain up on the amp with a low trim setting on the output, and its not the same as kranking the trim up with a low gain setting, its the input going to the amp saturation the pre stage, i say we still got the gain right tbh, especially from my remaping, it was a pretty standard sound for the gain at that setting!

Hmm ill take your word for it, but it sure sounds lower gain on the tracks than when I physically play through the amp with the same settings. Shame the solution was so simple :cry: