My First 30 Seconds of Death Metal Ever

RRokken

New Metal Member
Aug 13, 2017
So, I tried like forever to sing and play stuff like Dokken. I suck at singing and tried my hand at death metal vocals. Hmm, thought, I might be able to pull this off. Grabbed my guitar and just threw time delay on it so it sounded stereo while jamming. Came up with a little riff and sang over it.

Its just very very like demoish, scratchy. Literally just what came out of my head lol, but the question is,

Do you think I can pull off death metal?

Also, the mix just sounds weird too me, like the guitar is too mooshy, and generally doesn't have that metal mix sound. Something I'm missing? Using Superior..

Anyhow, any tips, ideas or whatever.....

Attachments

• My Way Of Life Test.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
The riff and music itself sound more trash than death metal, but I guess this is more of a side note.

It seems you aim for really "deep growl" style death vocals, and not for the slightly more high pitch stuff, like perhaps CoB, or even the "in between", like Sylosis perhaps.

So, if that is indeed what you want to do, I think you can do it. Though this is not really my cup of tea, so maybe somebody that is really into that type of vocal can have more enlightening comments and advices.

I think the biggest challenge when doing those vocals is not destroying your voice after a year or two. There are techniques that I don't know, that help being able to do that for long periods of time.

But anyways! Keep it up, I think it was quite good!

That has progressed into this. lol, Kind of liking the metal!

Attachments

• Victum Of The Crime Sims.mp3
    4.3 MB · Views: 1