my first contender for album of the year

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I'm back fuckers, and while I was away I picked up the new Grave Digger, "The Last Supper". It is very good. I am not just saying that because I am a GD fanboy, it is a great album. While "Rheingold" has some great material on it (Rheingold, Valhalla and Murderer are all awesome, but thats about it), I was pretty disappointed with it. One of the worst albums they have done in a long while. I was pretty worried "The Last Supper" would be similar, as they were yet to do a good concept album with the current lineup, and I didn't know how the subject material would go, but it works. Manni is a great guitarist and sounds more Zakk Wylde-esque with each album. This one is pretty hard and fast in places too. Rock.

Spawn is probably the only person that will somewhat care, but oh well....carry on....

Went down to Melbourne for the Big Day Out and System Of A Down, so decided to stay down there for a weekish with some friends for something to do. I guess I am a GD fanboy, but that isn't why I say it is a good album, it is a good album, I can admit to people I like coming out with crap when they do. When The Eagle Cries anyone?

From what ive heard of it, its pretty good :) Ill pick it up at JBHifi today if I see it :headbang:

Grave Digger was sort of a concept album, werent all the songs based around Edgar Allen Poes poems?

I dont think the new GD will be anywhere near album of the year though, from what ive heard from Enemy Of God by Kreator, its going to be fucking hard to top... I liked what I heard of the new Dark Tranquility also. Oh and Nightrage release a new album soon too :worship:

Expect more than a contender from Kreator. It fucking ROCKS from what ive heard, imagine Violent Revolution crossed with Seasons era Slayer and Iron Maiden harmonies :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Also, and Blitzy, I know you will enjoy this, the metal lusters themselves will be releasing a new album :worship:

Yeah the Bruce dvd sounds like it will be awesome, to be honest, id be happier if Bruce left Iron Maiden for good and concentrated on his solo stuff, as long as he keeps writing with Roy Z :)

Running in fright! Metal tonight! Amplified rage!

Im listening to the new Kreator album now Blitzy, it fucking RULES! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

The Season Slayer/Iron Maiden harmonies/VR comparison is pretty much dead on. Its nothing new but it rocks :)