my first production

Massili

Jun 3, 2005
hi guys

A few weeks ago i finished my first work on a production. It's my band and i leaded all the recording process, i recorded the bass and vocals, i play guitar tho and the other guitarrist did the guitars.

well, we are very limited on equipament wise and i did the drums/vocals on a friend's studio and guitars/bass/mix/master here at home.

i'm waiting for your comments and i say at first that's NOT THAT GREAT.. but c'mon it's my first production!

cya friends!

check it at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=504225

Yep! Not bad. The biggest thing for me is that the drums don't seem to have enough space in the mix for themselves. I think the guitar are the problem with that. So maybe lower volume guitars, or an interesting EQ to make them fit with the drums. Not a huge deal though, nice job! If this is your 1st then your 4th will be awesome! :D

Pretty good for a first mix dude.

I think you need to work on getting the drums more up front though. The mix is very guitar-dominated. Even the vocal fades back to make space for them. Think of it as building a house.

You start with the foundations (drums) and make them strong and sturdy. You then add the supports (guitars), then add the plaster (vocals) and all your furnishings later (effects etc.).

It should make one big entity where nothing outshines anything else, but all elements work to support each other to give you the final product.

Nice mix Massilli! I agree with the others though and I think the guitar are a little bit too loud but it still sounds good!

thx for all comments . I also found the drums a bit down but i liked the way the guitars sounded, thx for the tips!!! :)

err no offence dude, but the only part of the pod xt test that sounds remotely like a 5150 is the end bit, and you're production is cool, drums sound a bit too raw for me.

cobhc said:
err no offence dude, but the only part of the pod xt test that sounds remotely like a 5150 is the end bit, and you're production is cool, drums sound a bit too raw for me.

yeah man those samples are far away from a 5150 sound, im trying to get a clearness sound out of it with no fizzy, but no luck! thx