My First Rate My (plagiarised) Tone Thread

MT01

Oct 4, 2008
London, England
I've been messing around with amp sims and lurking on this board for a while in the search for a decent tone. Lots of good advice and an attempt at plagiarism have finally ended up with something I'm not too ashamed to post!

Firstly, thanks to Moonlapse for the DIs posted in the Who wants some reamping done thread. These have been of great help in testing out tones in a mix setting. I hope you don't mind me posting my version.

The mix is far from perfect as I know nothing about audio engineering, just a backround to test the tone. :)

Any feedback is welcome.

P.S. I'm aware of the nasty background noise going on. I'll get that sorted another day. My brain are ears are too fried to fix it now. :zombie:o_O:zombie:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/753791/Tone Test 01.mp3

Uargh, no offense but this sounds like this:

meep.JPG

:loco:

Hmm, yeah, gotta agree it's quite thin, but it's also got a kinda cool grind (though sounds pretty solid-state, I have to say). Add in some more bass and a bit more mids and it'd probably be pretty good, but if I had to guess, I'd say this is some sort of Line 6?

Hmm, yeah, gotta agree it's quite thin, but it's also got a kinda cool grind (though sounds pretty solid-state, I have to say). Add in some more bass and a bit more mids and it'd probably be pretty good, but if I had to guess, I'd say this is some sort of Line 6?

:OMG:

Line6 makes some pretty nice products...the Vettas and Flextones are pretty nice imo. I do agree it sounds thin.

Meh, the Vetta, Flextone, HD147, Pod, software, it's all the exact same modeling engine from like 2004, and sound-wise it's definitely showing its age IMO! Sure, Black Neon Bob, Splatt, Machinated, Joey Sturgis etc. get great tones from Line6 stuff, but they're great in that work well in the mix, but still sound undeniably digital to my ears

Meh, the Vetta, Flextone, HD147, Pod, software, it's all the exact same modeling engine from like 2004, and sound-wise it's definitely showing its age IMO! Sure, Black Neon Bob, Splatt, Machinated, Joey Sturgis etc. get great tones from Line6 stuff, but they're great in that work well in the mix, but still sound undeniably digital to my ears

And those guys have been practising since 2004 to get a good result. ;)

What's your point? (not trying to be provocative, I just can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not)