Rate my drum tone

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Finalising on my drum tone at the moment. Programmed but samples taken mostly from my own kit (kick is replaced as are the close-mics of the toms, rest is mine). Wanted to go for a natural sound, its perhaps a little too roomy on the snare (even though there's no room mics XD).

Anyway, any comments are welcome. There's no bass, the guitar tone ain't great and the piano is just slapped on with a bit of compression so it pops out. They're all there to see how the drums fit in a 'mix', although they aren't 'mixed'. And I realise that snare fill in the middle sounds REALLY programmed, ima work on that.

This song is quite different from the others on the EP - the others are more generic metal I guess. Different guitar tones too. So I need a fairly tight sound.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/324723/Sterility Drum Tone Test.mp3

I think the drums sounds pretty good....anyway it's difficult to judge from this sample...the first kicks sound a little fake but with "all" the instruments it's way better

^The snare is my own. I posted it up here a while back, check 'threads posted by this user' and you should find it.

One thing I'm struggling over is that stupidly, when recording the OH samples, I had a lot of snare buzz. So the snares are ON for the snare samples but OFF for the tom samples and now I'm getting a slightly different ambience for each. Any real way I can fix this (apart from using entirely new samples, but I'm happy supplementing)?