Please rate my guitar tone

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
Hey again guys. I'm getting ready to record a song my friend and I wrote. I'm working on a guitar tone and was wondering what you think of this one. I think it's better than my old ones at least. This is just a test mix. The drums are just programmed with basic beats and the guitars and bass are just the first takes.
I recorded 4 tracks of guitar. Two 80 left and right and two hard left and right with a different tone and playing different riffs. I used a mesa F50 amp into a genz benz g flex 212 cab. I miked it fredman style but with the on axis mic being a e609s.

sorry here is the link

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=9393

Lose the first 40 seconds of the clip and it will sound good ;)

Nobody on this forum likes techno man, but the guitars sound good to me.

:headbang:

Lose the first 40 seconds of the clip and it will sound good ;)

Nobody on this forum likes techno man, but the guitars sound good to me.

:headbang:

For a start, that isn't techno, and quite a lot of people on this forum actually like synth intro's. Back to the mp3, I could swear I've heard this riff from another forum member before as well, unless it was the thread starter posting it before. Sounds good for some initial sounds, the guitar tone just needs a little more highs, and the bass bringing up to reinforce the low end, and it will sound awesome.

thanks dude. You're right. Since I just want a critique on my guitar tone then I should just get right to it and not have to make people wait 40 seconds before the guitars come in. Although I do like how it came out. I like metal mixed with electronica.

thanks a lot man. Yeah I was gonna say that didn't sound very techno and that i've heard lots of clips here that have synth. Oh and you heard those riffs before because i've posted a few other guitar tones before with those same riffs

thanks dude. You're right. Since I just want a critique on my guitar tone then I should just get right to it and not have to make people wait 40 seconds before the guitars come in. Although I do like how it came out. I like metal mixed with electronica.

Don't apologise for it man, you're not alone in liking that style, if some people don't have the patience to wait 40 seconds, then that's their problem :).

Diggin that guitar tone dude. Did you boost it with anything or is that straight in? I didn't know those amps got that gainy.

-Joe

really it clips? I'll listen again. I didn't catch it. Although to be honest I didn't do any really close listening to this mix. Thanks for the kind words everybody. This is like the first time i've gotten any positive responses!:kickass: And yes my amp is boosted with a bad monkey. Those are the two man guitar tracks. There are two other guitar tracks which sometimes play different riffs underneath the main guitars. They are lower in the mix than the two main tracks and are actually a ubermetal pedal in the clean channel of my F50.