my first song

Im downloading, im currently in the middle or writing/recording my first song, so Ill listen to this closely. How long have you been playing?

ok, listened to it.

first off the production could be improved alot just by adjusting the levels. the rythm guitars are way too quiet. the bass is too bassy...turn the bass down a bit and the mids up.

i don't like that part at 0.34 to 1.36 coz you totally ripped off novembre's 'flower'. and because the lead guitar isn't very well thought out

apart from that the song is written very well and the drums sound pretty good.

all in all, an excellent effort(apart from the bit at 0.34), well done!

Oooh i like...its certainly better than mine, and, apart from the drums (which i do not have yet), the production seems better. I cant seem to get a good sound.

But the drums dont sound too good, too loud or something, I dont know. The first solo is interesting, but im not sure how well it fits.

Yeah, SA is right, it seems to end too abruptly, it feels short.
And it does sound rather In Flamesish, which is good. :)

Ill ask again, how long have you been playing?

thanks for the feedback guys, ive been playing for about a year and a half. Maybe a bit longer.

Yes i know it isnt perfect, and wtf i just realised the simularity with flower.

I dont know anything about production, can someone explain to me what i should have done regarding that?

Anyway ive already written another song and ive recorded it but the drums are really out of time, so when we re-do the drums ill post it up.

It took me one second to download.

Anyways, fist off I have to say the drums are awful. :D I'm not talking production-wise, because unless you have professional equipment, your production isn't gonna be excellent, so I'm talking about how simple they are.

So, one more problem, the solo at 1:16 is very odd, I think you need to practice the hammer-on's pull-off's more, it's a bit choppy, and it ends abruptly too.

I love the keys at 1:55, it's a really nice break from the kickass riffs at the beginning. And yeah, they remind me of old In Flames too. :D

I can't hear the bass too well, but if I'm not mistaken it doesn't do much. Tone it up and make sure it rarely mirrors the guitars (that's jut lame if it does).

Critiscism aside, I think it's a kickass song. How logn did it take you to make it?

It was really good, but I think that it seemed a bit too "bassy" (if that's a word :p) The bass kinda drowned out the guitar. Other than that it's amazing for a first effort! Want to hear some more :)

good song only thing i can say is when you tried to do that really fast thing at 1:12 (i dunno what its called) you seemed to have a bit of trouble with it and it didnt sound very smooth but other than that gj :)

Pretty good song for a first attempt. But, check this out: listen to your song at 2:05. Then listen to Blessed Are You by Iced Earth.