My first SSD 3.0 test!!

Mar 21, 2007
NH, USA
www.myspace.com
I'd have put this in the "rate my mix" section... but I'm not looking for crits at this point... haven't really mixed this much... just SUPER F#$% stoked about the way the Steven Slate drums sound in the mix...

I can't wait till I get more acquainted with the SSD Player, and can really tweak the performance to match the original playing better.

My first SSD 3.0 Test!!

Thanks guys. The OHs and High Hat are real. I just replaced the Snare, Toms, and Kick.

this is not only my first time using SSD, but also my first non-metal recording. This is my friend's band, and they're sort of in the line of Placebo, and other new-wavy type stuff.

I'm digging the guitar sounds.

I'd have put this in the "rate my mix" section... but I'm not looking for crits at this point... haven't really mixed this much... just SUPER F#$% stoked about the way the Steven Slate drums sound in the mix...

I can't wait till I get more acquainted with the SSD Player, and can really tweak the performance to match the original playing better.

My first SSD 3.0 Test!!

The mix is great, I would lower the guitars -2db. It sounds awesome. Can you share what presets used? I own both Steven Slate Drums and Recabinet.

Thanks George. Yeah, that mix was pretty early on in the production.. I've got another guitar, and some keyboards going over that so everything has changed, but it's still sounding great.

As for presets I had just slapped the SSD into the mix so if you were to load the Chilli kick, and snare with the birch toms you'd pretty much have it :p

I didn't use the SSD room mics though, I used TL Space with an echo chamber IR.

i havent heard placebo but when you say new wavy i think of older bands from the 80's. And this song kind of gives me that vibe of the cure or morrisey or somethin. i think it would sound better with a snare that was more in that realm. I think the tommy lee snare sounds like that way from SSD. i think one of the pop kits too.

wow the real drums sound fake and the samples sound real . hahaha good job of messing with my head.

RyanUsesThis this is great as I said. Nice and warm punk with dark attitude. I am also interested in the guitars. You recorded them direct with impulses or something? How did you panned them and stuff. If you wish tell me. Take care.