My friend's Hardcore band

Seth Munson

How do Amber Lamps?
Dec 1, 2009
Colorado Springs
I dont know why we did it this way but we did.

5 days, 7 songs tracked (2 didnt make the cut), $150 budget.
one of my favorite weeks of this year... :puke:

they wanted it to be super processed and "modern" sounding.
they also wanted everything a certain way and if i changed it they would throw a fit.

They are going nuts about this mix, they said they wouldnt change a thing.
I think the vocals are too loud and there are things I would want to change, but they like it and I guess thats what matters.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3319101/New Greener Pastures.mp3

lemme know what you think :)

BTW, mastering is one of my weaknesses, so I tried my best

-Seth

the vocalist is quite difficult to listen to....and ur right, it is too loud...
id also work on the guitar EQ...it sounds a bit as if the some mids were out of control?
drums are cool, even if i'd raise the snare a bit.

5 days for 7 songs? 150 bucks? sounds fun :D

I should also note that they wanted the mix to kinda sound like the new Take It Back! CD. but I felt like the drums were really buried in that CD, so we pushed these ones a bit more.

here is a song from the Take It Back! cd

and yea, the vocalist used to be in xBISHOPx, so he thinks he knows everything about everything and the rest of the band worships the ground he walks on basically (and its really fucking annoying). so when he said vocals need to be louder I was supposed to do it, no questions asked.

lemme tell ya, they wanted it WAY louder than I have it now. like 3 db louder..

Last edited by a moderator:
That vocalist sounds fucking annoying, urgh.

Not a huge fan of that guitar sound, very strange sounding and it sounds too present, rather than really working with the mix.

Love the voice (he's a bit out of time on some spots though) and the mix. I would bring down the kick a bit. Put some more reverb onto the backings and front vocals, also bring them down to make them sit better.

I should also note that they wanted the mix to kinda sound like the new Take It Back! CD. but I felt like the drums were really buried in that CD, so we pushed these ones a bit more.

here is a song from the Take It Back! cd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVpGhL93Zg

and yea, the vocalist used to be in xBISHOPx, so he thinks he knows everything about everything and the rest of the band worships the ground he walks on basically (and its really fucking annoying). so when he said vocals need to be louder I was supposed to do it, no questions asked.

lemme tell ya, they wanted it WAY louder than I have it now. like 3 db louder..

i think the guitars need more clearity to fit to the sound in that video.
the vocalist really sucks, imo, listening to the mix again. :p
funny that its hearable somehow that he has an oversized ego haha