My go on the Sturgis 'sound' for a change..instrumentals only

Yeah, I would back off the compression on the snare a little bit and definitely turn the drums down relative to the other parts, but you absolutely nailed the drum sounds themselves and the uber-tight guitars.

Nice job, man. With vocals one would be hard pressed to distinguish this from his work, save for the mastering.
What are you using to clip the kick drum? I've tried getting a similar sound with Gclip with little success

Thanks guys! if I had the vocals for this song then i could mix them pretty well into this..i got a really great sounding vocal bus channel that i figured out after along time.
and didnt use anything to clip the kick..it was a really quick mix

sounds awesome. what did you use for guitar and mixing it?

LePou plugins for guitars ..EQ, limiter ..and a really hard gate to keep everything clean..
and mixing ? just waves plugins, ozone..stock Cubase plugins..umm..probably a little bit of T-Racks and some other small plugins..not too much stuff going on
take in mind that most plugins will do the job...they are not really really different from each other.. at the end of the day, a good plug in is a good plug in ;)

sounds really good. What lepou plugin did you use specifically for the guitars? Was it 456? What did you use for drums? Sorry but there is not much I can say to critique it because I can't find anything wrong! Kick and cymbals maybe should be lowered but that's about it. Great job!

damn I was thinking it was either 456 or lecto. Which slate samples btw? I have the slate sample as well and was wondering if you could give some pointers. Btw feel free to critique my mix (TSE melodic riffs thread) :heh:

This sounds good. I dig it. One thing though is I hear a weird hollow frequency cutting through once all the instruments come in. I can't tell what it is honestly. It's something in the higher mids in the guitar or possibly the bass.