My go on the Sturgis 'sound' for a change..instrumentals only

I particular to the SSD samples myself so this sounds pretty good. The cymbols are kind of live sounding. I couldn't hear the bass that much so it's either perfect for thickening guitars or needs to come up (my preference is get it up in the mix). There was a part that shotgunned a little, could probably up the dynamics in Kontakt. Maybe turn down the effects on the Chinese cymbol or whatever that is (sounds kind you got the SSD distortion going & some other stuff which is cool but it's a little too "listen to this!" for me lol). Nice job on the guitar sounds. If you didn't ask, the only thing I'd really notice is the cymbols...the snare doesn't really bother me. Kind of goes with the intensity of the guitars IMO. Just when it shotguns (the toms shotgunning was what I really noticed but selective listening hears that in the snare a bit now). Sometimes I'd rather just have 100% dynamics and not have a completely in your face drum sound but that's me. Take what you want out of this, you did great.

I'm going to throw this just to see...try and EQ that cymbol so that it peaks at 11.5k a bit (got that from trying to match a Dream Theater album to the SSD Dream Kit, do with it what you will). Take the mids out. Something to put it "higher" so it doesn't sound like it's bouncing off the floor (hope that makes sense). I always have that struggle to get something in between the Dream Kit & the Black kit. Sometimes I just bounce the drums with the Black sound, take out the mids and blend it in a little. Sometimes EQing and messing with one kit or even hybrid doesn't get "there." Sometimes the PSPMixSaturator can take the drums and make them just right after you go a little crazy in Kontakt, with some tape saturation or something/softening the highs & kicks/taming the snare, etc.

the fill at 0:44 kinda sounds obviously fake, but other than that, i agree that the mix sounds good albeit for the slightly loud drums

@TLTD - Thanks for the tips bro! ill give them a go ! and the cymbals are the stock "Screaming cymbals" from joey sturgis..I filtered out the low end at around 500hz and thats it!

@Carnivorouschrysalis - Yeah, i agree. I actually imported the drums from guitar pro (lol)..I needed to spend more time on the velocities etc..

@Top Ground Studios - Nope. There is a soft gate running on the guitars and another hard gate on top. I automate the Bypass button on this gate everytime it needs it (breakdowns mainly..)