My guitar neck got damaged

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Damn!

YEsterday i picked up my guitar (a Cort M600 - cheap but very good guitar), and when i started playing i noticed the finish at the back of the neck was all weird. When i looked at it closely, the junction between two pieces of the neck was kinda off. I am so pissed now, and i dont have a clue of what happened to it - last time i took it off the case, was to have it as a backup to a friend, but nothing happened. It's incredible how, when i take much care with my things, they end up being damaged :mad:

Damn!

YEsterday i picked up my guitar (a Cort M600 - cheap but very good guitar), and when i started playing i noticed the finish at the back of the neck was all weird. When i looked at it closely, the junction between two pieces of the neck was kinda off. I am so pissed now, and i dont have a clue of what happened to it - last time i took it off the case, was to have it as a backup to a friend, but nothing happened. It's incredible how, when i take much care with my things, they end up being damaged :mad:

Can you explain the crack a bit more, or at least show a pic? From my limited experience with seeing people have these issues, any luthier can fix a cracked neck pretty well. I've seen Les Paul headstocks knocked clean off, and they were able to repair them.

Can you explain the crack a bit more, or at least show a pic? From my limited experience with seeing people have these issues, any luthier can fix a cracked neck pretty well. I've seen Les Paul headstocks knocked clean off, and they were able to repair them.

Yeah, seen the same. If it's the usual point, the neck will be even more durable when glued properly :)

When i bought my first guitar (a 30$ V Harmony in a pawn shop) the very first day, got it cracked that way because i put it between a wall and my dog then passed between the wall and the guitar, i saw how the guitar felt to the floor and the neck got totally broken in two pieces, this was the very first day i was felling so stupid, but my grandpa got it Fixed with glue, and it worked great, you can even fixed yourself for white glue, the one you used in school, but this will be temporary (maybe two years).

I have and Ibanez EX series which i love and one day i put it to rest bad in a stand and it felt to the ground, and the same happened, i fixed this way, but years later i took it to a local Luthier and he got this fixed for about $25.

Don´t worry, it´s fixable ah good luthier would leave it as new.

Well, it looks like the two pieces of wood slipped from each other. The neck SEEMS stable right now, but the finish got damaged, and it was a really damn nice finish. THe intonation is also way off now...I have yet to really play the guitar , because at the moment I saw that, I was so pissed off that i kinda affraid of doing anything to it. I will see if I can get some pics later today and i will post it here

Hahhhaahahahaha, Elmer's for the win :lol:

Damn i didn´t notice those grammatical horrors!! hehe

you can even get it fixed yourself with white glue, the one you used in school, but this will be temporary (maybe two years).

Now dude, what´s Elmer´s?? Hahaha

p4808b.JPG

;)