My interface just isn't cutting it. Suggestions?

kylendm

Apr 18, 2010
NJ
Alright so I live in an apartment and my interface currently just isn't cutting it for my needs.

It's a Lexicon Lambda.

It's got:
1 Instr Ins
2 Line Ins
2 Insert Ins
2 Mic Ins
and 2 Line Outs

Here's the problem. There are enough inputs on this thing for my needs but just not enough outputs.

My current monitors are BX8as and that already uses up both my outputs. I also want to reamp though so in order to do that I have to unplug and mess around with a bunch of different controls and it's just a mess honestly. Especially since turning up the output to reamp is nessesary but that also increases the volume of my monitors.

I was looking at the Saffire PRO 24 DSP but that doesn't have two separate output controls so I don't know if increasing the volume on the interface to reamp will also increase the volume of my monitors. Also the fact it has ADAT is nice for future expansion.

Would the Saffire PRO 24 be enough for me? I don't need anything crazy as I'm just tracking DIs, Reamping, and possibly micing up a speaker with an ISO Cab in the future. No drums.

Budget would be around $350.

The saffire 24 would be fine for your needs. In regards to reamping with it, inthe saffire mix control software you change the output mode and control the volume with the daw fader not the physical knob. It's the same as the saffire pro 40

The focusrite will not be a bad choice :) but I picked my 40 up for $385 so...

yeah I just honestly don't need everything the Pro 40 gives. I live in an apartment and can't be all that loud all the time. I might have one or two mics hooked up ever because I just don't need all the extras as I have drum and bass VSTis. If I ever wanted to expand though it looks like it has ADAT so I think the 24 is a good choice too now. Thanks!

Will do. Just waiting for money to hit my account to make the purchase. Should have it next week. Soon I can start doing proper mixes with my BX8as, can't wait.

Sorry for necrobumping, but I realize that a PM would probably me more easily overlooked.

Any updates, Kyle? How's it working for you? I'm about to come into Christmas cash and could use a nice interface.