My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Mormagil said:
ernie ball; feel free to recommend good ones because until then i'll just pick the cheapest set. the balalaika strings are probably ukrainian

DR are a good pick if your looking for long string life and a solid feel, imo.

Mormagil said:
ernie ball; feel free to recommend good ones because until then i'll just pick the cheapest set. the balalaika strings are probably ukrainian
Ernie Ball basses! :kickass:
Ernie Ball strings! :guh:

Nah they are perfectly okay, and supAr cheap so if they suck, who cares. I use Elixir Polywebs on my Sterling, Tobias, and Stingray fretless, and D'addario Chrome flats on my P. Before finding Elixirs, which are expensive and have a love/hate reputation, I used pretty much every brand around. Ones I remember liking were GHS Boomers, Fender NPS, and DRs, but the only way to know what you like is to try a set and go from there. Steel for bright, Nickel for a little mellower, and flats for very mellow. And then of course there are oddities like tapewound, halfwound, groundwound, poopwound, blah blah blah. Whoa.

I gotta play a Balblalballakda some day. Do you have those giant picks too? That's the best part.

haha, no, i have a prima which is like the second smallest size out there, but rest assured if i ever got my hands on a contrabass i would use a giant pick. those are made of shoe heels don'tchakno

I've never played Elixer bass strings. Do they have that same glossy coated feel as there guitar strings do? I didnt really like the coating on the guitar strings, felt kinda slippery to me (ironically probably designed to do the opposite).

Mormagil said:
haha, no, i have a prima which is like the second smallest size out there, but rest assured if i ever got my hands on a contrabass i would use a giant pick. those are made of shoe heels don'tchakno
Oh MAN that rules.
En Vind Av Sorg said:
I've never played Elixer bass strings. Do they have that same glossy coated feel as there guitar strings do? I didnt really like the coating on the guitar strings, felt kinda slippery to me (ironically probably designed to do the opposite).
Yeah, they have that coating on there which I adore because my fingers never burn on them, and I've always done a fuckton of slides so it's pretty nice. What I really dig about them though is how long the tone lasts. They have such a long life that I can reliably count on a consistent tone for nearly a year, and that's with tons of playing. Even when they do start to die they die equally. Lots of other strings I've used have a dead E-string and a zingy G-string like after a month, I hate that.

Of course then there's my flatwounds, those have been on for 8 months and sound better each day, I'll probably change them sometime in 2010. :D

Fedex just showed up with:

bloodonthemountain.jpg

I just went and bought
Immortal At The Heart Of Winter
Fragments Of The unbecoming Chapter 3
Sonata Arctica For Revenge Sake
Evergrey Monday Morning Apocalypse
Terror 2000 Terror For Sale
Annihilator Waking The Fury

Lot of good shit came to my area today.

I've bought a lot of shit lately that I keep forgetting to post here:

that one Sleep shirt that I believe En Vind purchased as well
The Hidden Hand - Teacher Mother Secret Lover Whatever
Rev. Horton Heat - Lucky 7
Mike Watt - Ball Hog or Tugboat?
The X Files - Songs in the Key of X
Iron Butterfly - Inagaddadavida
Brant Bjork and the Operators

Well maybe that's it. Not a lot. But something.

Décadent said:
Hey hey! Congrats on finding that. I listened to it for the first time in 2 years last night. Good shit.

tis quite a good cd. a lot going. chants, acoustics, morose at times, furious blitzkrieg at other times.

got my order of the following today

Nasheim (Swe) "Evighet/Undergang"
Drudkh (Ukr) "Blood In Our Wells"
Hate Forest (Ukr) "Nietzscheism"
Deathspell Omega (Fra) "Inquisitors of satan"
Clandestine Blaze/Deathspell Omega "Split"

Minus fucking Nasheim!!! i got two other cds sent to me instead, Ibex Throne which is ok for a first listen and Sangraal which i think is shit house and will be sent back.

unhinged said:
cheers!, DIY!

hope you like it, you probably won't though :lol:
Yeah, I'm not open-minded enough

I hope you realize half of this "I hate everything" is* really tongue in cheek -- also I listened to samples off your website before ordering it

And if it sucks well, only $6.66, I can deal :D

* isn't

Erik said:
Yeah, I'm not open-minded enough

I hope you realize half of this "I hate everything" is* really tongue in cheek -- also I listened to samples off your website before ordering it

And if it sucks well, only $6.66, I can deal :D
* isn't

well its heavy and its metal but is it heavy metal?

the only sample from it is godworm I think which is probably the most accessable track on there
I reckon you'll dig our mcd when its done....its punk as fuck but black punk:heh: