My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

lizard said:
Krig, you need a Cold Steel Torpedo!

I have the dvd when they go through all the knives and axes and warhammer and throwing knives and the torpedo! its fucking cool. they through that thing at everything. they cut everything, smash car hoods, shove folding knives through car hoods, cut everything! yes!:kickass:

Recent junk-

Nietzsche- Beyond Good and Evil
Doom 3
Amsterdam Classical Guitar Trio- The Four Seasons Suite
Al Di Meola- Elegant Gypsy
Al Di Meola- Flesh on Flesh
Mahavishnu Orchestra- Apocalypse
Aqua Teen Hunger Force- Vol. 4

grazim said:
What kinda stuff you gonna play with that? Old time? Bluegrass?

Bluegrass, lots of irish jigs and reels as well. Other folk styles to...maybe some itallian stuff...watever strikes my fancy, haha.

KILL TULLY said:
Bluegrass, lots of irish jigs and reels as well. Other folk styles to...maybe some itallian stuff...watever strikes my fancy, haha.
Tully, if you get a chance listen to some of Rod Stewart's first few solo albums...

yes....Rod Stewart, before he became a complete puss.

His first few featured alot of traditional stylings, most formidibly on "Mandolin Wind"

if you want pm me an email addy and I'll rip the track tomorrow if it's not to large for our attachment limit

Tool - 10,000 Days
Pearl Jam - another self-titled
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
Massive Attack - Mezzanine

125722m.jpg

got this baby yesterday

125722l.jpg

being a big fan of the first few movies etc

but really for the humunganoid documentary content (40 hrs)
watched a few hours of features on the first movie last night

these came in from a trade:

Thergothon - Fhtagn-nagh Yog-Gothoth
Unanimated - In the FOrest of the Dreaming Dead
Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil
GWAR - America Must Be Destroyed

yes, I asked for that GWAR CD. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

i'm looking forward to listening to them later on. Dissection got most of the attention from the No Fashion contingent. But yeah, a lot of these types of bands are far more worthy of attention than the hyped ones.

Ex: Sacramentum, Necrophobic, Dawn....

The problem with Sacramentum's "Far away from the Sun" is that the first 2 tracks are complete shit and then the rest of the album picks up exponentially.

I'll bet you $100 that most people checking out the album couldn't get past the first 2 songs, and then ignored the rest. Their loss I suppose, but man oh man, is that an uneven album.

"Blood shall be spilled" onwards is where it's at.

I like the album. It's not as instant as say SotLB, but it has more depth to it. In fact, I actually prefer The Somberlain these days. Listening to it a bunch these days.

Check out the Satanized material on The Past is Alive. Pretty good stuff as well.