My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Music I should have picked up a long time ago.

Aeternus - And So The Night Became
Isis - Oceanic
Radiohead - The Bends
Korpiklaani - Tales Along This Road
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours

tonight's visit to a local mall resulted in this interesting and gross purchase:

hmmm, a "dong hui pearl"

DSC03424.jpg

apparently there is a pearl contained inside a mollusk, which will grant you a wish and bring you luck based upon the color

DSC03426.jpg

*removes the mollusk container from the nice lil box*

eww

DSC03429.jpg

DSC03430.jpg

and this tells me what the colors mean! hmm, fuccess?

DSC03433.jpg

*opens*

it stunk

DSC03436.jpg

DSC03437.jpg

yes! i got the fuccess pearl!

DSC03439.jpg

and put it in the lil necklace

DSC03440.jpg

how sweet. i feel dirty :ill:

Tenhi - folk aesthetic 1996 – 2006

Alright, i'm looking in your direction MFJ and thanat (and whoever else enjoys the band tbs). This is not just a run of the mill 'best of.' The first disc has the Airut:ciwi ep (awesome) and some primitive versions of songs that would later end up on kauan. The second disc has some reworked songs and good unreleased songs as well. The third disc which is an entitled 'Kaski", is worth the price of the album alone. These were songs that were never finished, but the band finally gave them a look. In the linear notes they're described as "scenery paintings" as opposed to ordinary compositions. More to the point, it's 60 minutes of great great stuff. Honestly this stands right with all their other albums. It definitely has the 'feeling' of Maaäet, in that it's fairly dark throughout. There's two tracks that are especially ominous and brooding. There is also a lot more piano in it than their early albums. One song even has a heavy electronic presence , and coincidently it's one of my favorite tracks on the disc. Hopefully they explore this more for future releases.

:worship:

Haul from Hells Headbangers...

ARCTURUS - Shipwrecked In Oslo (DVD)
MORRIGAN - Celts
FALL OF THE IDOLS - Womb Of The Earth
MORRIGAN - Plague, Waste And Death
PALE DIVINE - Cemetery Earth

From The Ass End

SATURNUS - Paradise Belongs To You
OAKHELM - Betwixt And Between
MY SHAMEFUL - ...Of Dust
DECEASED - The Blueprints For Madness
DIVINE EVE - Upon These Ashes Scorn The World

Ebay Haul

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
Cavalar - As a Metal of Fact
Deceased - Supernatural Addiction
Green Carnation - A Night Under the Dam (DVD)
My Dying Bride - Sinamorata (DVD)
Anathema - A Moment in Time (DVD)

Tenhi - folk aesthetic 1996 – 2006

Alright, i'm looking in your direction MFJ and thanat (and whoever else enjoys the band tbs). This is not just a run of the mill 'best of.' The first disc has the Airut:ciwi ep (awesome) and some primitive versions of songs that would later end up on kauan. The second disc has some reworked songs and good unreleased songs as well. The third disc which is an entitled 'Kaski", is worth the price of the album alone. These were songs that were never finished, but the band finally gave them a look. In the linear notes they're described as "scenery paintings" as opposed to ordinary compositions. More to the point, it's 60 minutes of great great stuff. Honestly this stands right with all their other albums. It definitely has the 'feeling' of Maaäet, in that it's fairly dark throughout. There's two tracks that are especially ominous and brooding. There is also a lot more piano in it than their early albums. One song even has a heavy electronic presence , and coincidently it's one of my favorite tracks on the disc. Hopefully they explore this more for future releases.

:worship:

thank you, thank you, thank you! i would have never known about this!

Have yet to have any sort of haul this year, so here's one of sorts.

Taake - Doedskvad
Slough Feg - Hardworlder
Doomraiser - Lords of Mercy
Isole - Forevermore
Mael Mordha - Gealtacht Mael Mordha
Fall of the Idols - Womb of the Earth
Divine Eve - Upon These Ashes Scorn the World

Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine (cd - finally!)
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild

Have yet to have any sort of haul this year, so here's one of sorts.

Taake - Doedskvad
Slough Feg - Hardworlder
Doomraiser - Lords of Mercy
Isole - Forevermore
Mael Mordha - Gealtacht Mael Mordha
Fall of the Idols - Womb of the Earth
Divine Eve - Upon These Ashes Scorn the World

Win, especially the highlighted.