My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Nope, though I've had it in mind for quite some time. Any recommendations on good books? There seems to be so much new age/hippie crap out there written on the subject, so a few pointers could be very useful

Hehe, it seems you can only get that far with rationality

Absolutely. Definitely start with this: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Three-Pillars-Zen-Teaching-Enlightenment/dp/0385260938/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200684451&sr=1-2"]The Three Pillars of Zen[/ame]

Yeah, the whole New Age movement is pretty ghey & lying. Although Ken Wilber has some interesting things to say, if you lump him in the category anyway.

Looks kind of interesting

Not entirely related, but I'm currently reading this and, remembering your taste in books, I'm thinking you might like it. All though I have to admit that it's one of the most challenging books I've ever read, not just that it's "philosophical", it presents something of a different way of thinking

Man, I've got two books by Schuon in my basement that I got a year and a half ago and I've still not read them yet because I've been busy as a monkey with its ass on fire.

A shame, really.

MajestikMøøse;6883205 said:
Man, I've got two books by Schuon in my basement that I got a year and a half ago and I've still not read them yet because I've been busy as a monkey with its ass on fire.

A shame, really.

Nice, which ones?

All though Schoun's writings is not a very good starting points when when it comes to these matters, simply because he is very hard to understand. But you had read Crisis of the Modern World right? If you're really interested, it might be better to stick with Guenon

Thanks for the reco Doomcifer

Haha, that's alright. The second book of Guénon's that I slogged through after having read Evola's Revolt as my introduction to that line of thought was The Reign of Quantity, and that one is notoriously difficult to get through.

The two Schuon books I've got sitting around here are Stations of Wisdom and Light on the Ancient Worlds

man, I haven't hauled this good in awhile. Two packages arrived today containing:

Der Blutharsch - The Philosopher's Stone (CD)
Fields of the Nephilim - Mourning Sun (CD)
Ghosts of Breslau - And Should the Spring Come... (CD)
Laibach - Jesus Christ Superstars (CD)
Sieben - High Broad Field (CD+DVD)

Fellini's 8 1/2
Blade Runner Four Disc Collector's Edition

It's just MAD MAD MAD yo

Black Sabbath - s/t
Wolves in the Throne Room - some double LP with a forest on the cover :confused:
Bjork - Telegram
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - some shit
Louder than Hell 7"

41D98HW4T8L._SS500_.jpg

Carl Sagan is the man. I page through Cosmos, the book, every time I go to a book store. I really need to pick the book and the series up.

HÄIVE (Fin) Mieli Maassa
I SHALT BECOME (USA) Wanderings + bonus
DARK AGES (UKR) A Chronicle of the Plague
DRUDKH (UKR) Songs of Grief and Solitude
ELEND (FRA) Le Tenebre du Dehors
FULLMOON (POL) United Aryan Evil
HATE FORUST (UKR) Sorrow
I.CORAX (FIN) Spectral Metabolism
KLABAUTAMANN (DEU) Der Ort
KVIST (NOR) For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike
MORRIGAN (DEU) Headcult
MORTEM (PER) Decomposed by Possession