My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Does the end even specialize in metal anymore? I went to their site yesterday only to find a band fronted by a shirtless Abercrombie model as their "featured artist". I suspect that they'll eventually phase themselves out as a metal distro in favor of indy pop bullshit. The 12 X 3 Slipknot page banners, the JCrew rock star in his nuthuggers exposing a pinch worth of pubes, the ever increasing lousy selection, the shitty fulfillment times, the fact that they uplifted their entire operation to the metropolis of queerdom, etcetera...

the end "jumped" the proverbial "shark" when they signed LORDI, and they haven't gotten any better since. they're still probably decent dudes that sell some decent records but they used to be one of those labels where if they release something, you'll know it's worthwhile or at least special in some way. not so anymore -- paradigms, profound lore, etc. have taken their place. whatever.

My friend hasn't received his shit from The End or Open Grave either, he ordered quite a bit.

I got my Behexen/Satanic Warmaster Split and Anael from The End with 0 problems though (I've actually never had a problem with The End ever, amazingly enough). I have no idea what is going on with these distros sometimes.

yeah, i think i've gotten pretty lucky in that i've never had to wait more than a couple weeks max, even from the end or overseas labels. sooner or later i'll get screwed i'm sure...

What einride said sums it up pretty much.

Their prices aren't too great either anymore. Some prices seem alright, while others are ridiculous.

Although I've never had a problem with them like I've said, I don't tempt fate and order much from them anymore either. I wasn't entirely sure who'd be getting that split so I just went with them and pre-ordered, and grabbed the Anael album since I noticed they had it as well.

@cthulufhtagn Can't recall if I've been screwed by a label yet, almost did by Firebox once, though previous orders went smoothly. It is inevitable though.

ive been screwed by the end twice from shit never arriving.

my thing is to ALWAYS pay with Paypal. if my shit doesnt show up, i opena claim/dispute, and if whoever can't provide tracking, i get my money back (some people do actually open disputes even when they have received their stuff because they know the item wasnt tracked)

these arrived from Second Spin:

Napalm Death - The Code is Red....Long Live the Code
Napalm Death - Order of the Leech

Depends. It sure as hell made me want to discover more old thrash bands. It was worth my time, saw the whole 190 minute thing in one go.

Ekpyrosis - Mensch Aus Gold
Woburn House - Message To Ourselves Outside The Dreaming
The Angelic Process - Coma Waering
Aythis - Doppelganger
Gruenewald - Gruenewald
AMBER ASYLUM - Still Point

Bolt Thrower - For Victory (replaced my stupid Russian version)
Napalm Death - Harmony Corruption
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels