My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Cool digs. More pics pleeze
OK so here's a few:

utfraringnfoumlnstret_zps1370a5da.jpg

Multi-photo of the view from the dinner room window; an almost invisible deer, my handiwork with a rusty old scythe (made a path to the field to go on a wee trip with the kiddies), black metal fog

maringlar_zps39a5cc28.jpg

Preparing for new wallpaper (that's not up yet)

koumlketc_zps427ea06f.jpg

Kitchen almost done

huse_zps7c0ccd71.jpg

House in summer evening light from a different angle

Genghis Tron - Dead Mountain Mouth
Botanist - IV: Mandragora
Vemod - Venter På Stormene

I played the Botanist album as a joke for a friend, and we both ended up headbanging. So now the joke is on me.

well my shit alesis io|2 usb audio interface died because it is cheap generic chinese garbage

so i bought a focusrite scarlett 2i2 to replace it, and it was shit because the instrument inputs distort even on minimum gain

so i exchanged it for a presonus audiobox 22vsl

hoping this one does the trick

Ive been using a Presonus Audiobox USB for years. The only problem Ive ever had is that the drivers will crash every know and then. Going into Reaper and rebooting the drivers or just unplugging it for a second always fixes it though.

cool,

this is the updated version of that. don't know if the drivers are any better but i've heard that they're pretty solid. before i moved to usb (and the alesis io|2 piece of crap that i recommend to no one ever) i was using an m-audio audiophile 2496 (pci) for like ten years and it's been ROCK fucking solid, but i kind of wanted something with integrated preamps instead of having to use an external mixer

hopefully it will work as well as the audiophile

i have a gut feeling i should never have moved away from pci though but pci cards with breakout boxes and preamps are expensive as hell generally

i mean, honestly, the fucking audacity of alesis

they sell something as an audio interface for making music and they literally do not even include asio drivers

you go to their website and it says "aw well shit, we didn't really make any drivers, just download ASIO4ALL, i'm sure it'll work out maybe?"

and yeah i guess it did but you can't use other software at the same time when the ASIO drivers are active (my audiophile had no trouble with this) and the latency is pretty bad

also it just suddenly died for no reason and won't power up so now alesis is on my shitlist forever like behringer. i thought they were supposed to be a semi-high-end, reputable company? and m-audio has gone down the drain too because they're the same company as alesis now and sell the same POS interface as the "m-track plus" with a new logo

i know no one cares but i gotta vent and also warn folks to not buy alesis

EDIT: and WHILE I'M AT IT, i don't know what the fuck focusrite thinks they're doing either. i mean the scarlett sounded great and all but WHY would a passive humbucker guitar clip the inputs on MINIMUM GAIN? that just means you haven't fucking tested your product. and reports of the same thing happening are all over the internet and when dudes have contacted focusrite they're like "fuck you, got ours, build an attenuator box and shut up. hope u know how to solder. (also we don't care that this will fuck up the impedance and compromise the signal)"

To look cool in a guitar-holding picture, you absolutely MUST have your fingers positioned in a bizarre chord that no one would actually play in a real song. Take another pic and repost for full credit.

:loco:

To look cool in a guitar-holding picture, you absolutely MUST have your fingers positioned in a bizarre chord that no one would actually play in a real song. Take another pic and repost for full credit.

:loco:

:lol:

Also, Cheer the fuck up Cara!

I can't help it. I slightly suffer from Bitchy Resting Face! In my defense, I had been awake for nearly an entire 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator: