My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

a dog

LCy39z4.jpg

A shitload of gothic/industrial/vampire comics for my wife's bday.

In some ways it's a bowling ball named Homer. But mostly for her.

*sigh*

Yesterday was a shitty day for my personal technology. First, my phone lost the ability to text and call. Then, a bottle of Dr. Pepper exploded (did not fizz and spew, it f'ing exploded) all over my laptop, me, my phone, and all the furniture in my general area at work. Laptop's pretty much fried, I think, and my phone decided to go ahead and completely stop working after that. That being said, my (husband's) latest purchases include a new phone and a new laptop. I was going to just buy an inexpensive tablet and wait on the laptop until I know for sure that it's beyond help, but Best Buy had such a good deal on a Dell Inspiron (under $300) that he insisted on it rather than a tablet. He needed a new laptop anyway, so I guess we can kinda share this one, but probably not lol. Windows 8 is weird.

I think I am gonna buy a tablet (perhaps a Nook) upon being paid next week, and just leave the laptop at home whenever possible. And darnit, I'm going to buy my husband the boots he wants that he put aside for my gadgets. I feel sick over it all. :(

Speaking of pr0n, I've never downloaded any, but I had a dream last night that I downloaded a bunch of it to my new computer. I felt ashamed that I had tainted my new computer so soon. :loco:

I think when my laptop finally dies, I'll just give up home internet* for awhile.

*except on my phone, Playstation3, Netflix, alarm system, and wife's computer.

Got the old one to work long enough to copy all my music and pictures and other important stuff to my external hd. Now I know the importance of backing shit up ahead of time. :loco:

Deceased - Surreal Overdose, Supernatural Addiction, Luck of the Corpse, and As the Weird Travel

Hell yeah. I owed them all this $ because I've been listening to illegal downloads of theirs for years.

edit: Didn't mean for Jerry's very relevant post to disappear.

The Chasm-From the Lost Years (old logo)-T shirt
The Chasm-From the Lost Years-CD (Re-Issue)
The Chasm-Procreation of the Inner Temple-Digipak (Re-Issue)

Huzzah!

For me...some fall wardrobe essentials. A feeble attempt to make myself feel better about having two months of summer heat left.

Bought a newer car. Volvo v70, 2010, 2,4D with polestar tuning and 6-speed automatic shift. The acceleration is awesome with 460 Nm torque.