My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

I’ve outgrown both of my cd shelving units and have leaning towers of CDs hovering over me now. Ive decided to put my hand to building my own lil shelving unit extension to place atop of my current bigger shelf. I bought a few pieces of lumber boards at Lowe’s the other day, cut them up to the appropriate specs, and am now in the process of gluing/nailing it all together. The first part has been curing over night. I think I’ll stain/poly the bitch when I’m done too. Pics shall be provided.

Just a couple shelves to add on to my current shelving unit. Still not enough fucking room! :bah: I have a shitload more CD's coming in the mail too. :erk:

IMG_1273.jpg

Before:

IMG_1275.jpg

After:

IMG_1278.jpg

The Obsessed - S/T (CD and Purple/White Swirl LP)
The Obsessed - Lunar Womb (CD and Purple LP)
The Obsessed - Sacred (CD and Red/Gold LP)
Death Row - Alive in Death 2CD
Joe Hasselvander - Road Kill/Lady Killer CD
Solitude Aeturnus - In Times of Solitude CD
Count Raven - High On Infinity CD
Revelation - Salvation's Answer CD
Place of Skulls - With Vision CD
Forsaken - Anima Mundi CD
Pylon - The Eternal Wedding Band CD
Motorhead - Overkill CD
Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth CD (Intense Records)

Yeah, I've been going off a little bit lately.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Well, I had a few in the collection already but am deep diving into their discography and it's insane how prolific they are. The number is actually around 12 Melvins CD's that I've bought in the past week.

As I've said previously, I am on an absolute fucking BENDER right now with CD purchases. I'm catching up on all the late 80's through 90's shit that I completely missed out on for one reason or another. Going through my discogs, I've bought close to 150 CD's in the past 1.5-2 months or so.

The 90's were Rock music's last gasp...

The Obsessed - S/T (CD and Purple/White Swirl LP)
The Obsessed - Lunar Womb (CD and Purple LP)
The Obsessed - Sacred (CD and Red/Gold LP)
Death Row - Alive in Death 2CD
Joe Hasselvander - Road Kill/Lady Killer CD
Solitude Aeturnus - In Times of Solitude CD
Count Raven - High On Infinity CD
Revelation - Salvation's Answer CD
Place of Skulls - With Vision CD
Forsaken - Anima Mundi CD
Pylon - The Eternal Wedding Band CD
Motorhead - Overkill CD
Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth CD (Intense Records)

Yeah, I've been going off a little bit lately.

This was me 15 years ago.

Well, I had a few in the collection already but am deep diving into their discography and it's insane how prolific they are. The number is actually around 12 Melvins CD's that I've bought in the past week.

As I've said previously, I am on an absolute fucking BENDER right now with CD purchases. I'm catching up on all the late 80's through 90's shit that I completely missed out on for one reason or another. Going through my discogs, I've bought close to 150 CD's in the past 1.5-2 months or so.

The 90's were Rock music's last gasp...

I've never heard a Melvins song.

Yeah, this year has been an insane music collecting year for me too. I'm not sure if I'm on your pace, but pretty close. I've probably bought more music this year than the 5 or so years I was into metal before (probably because I'm not 16 anymore). I've added hundreds of items (CDs, Vinyl, cassettes, DVDs) this year.

This was me 15 years ago.

Yeah, I've seen a LOT of your old posts on the Doom threads I've been reading in the archives. I probably would have discovered this stuff a long time ago if I'd stayed on it, but I'm glad to have found it now. I haven't been this excited about a sub-genre since I first got into Black Metal some 16-17 years ago.

Thanks boyos. I'll place an order soon.

These came in:

Cirith Ungol - King of Dead CD
Pentagram - Last Rites CD
Iron Man - The Passage CD
Iron Man - Generation Void CD
Well of Souls - S/T CD
Cold Mourning - Lower Than Low CD
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet CD (I'm not really into Funeral Doom but everyone says this is the best FD album so I'll try)
The Skull - For Those Which Are Asleep LP
The Skull - The Endless Road Turns Dark LP
Paramaecium - Exhumed of the Earth DLP

Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet CD (I'm not really into Funeral Doom but everyone says this is the best FD album so I'll try

Dunno about the "best" but it's certainly a paragon record, although the same could be said of Thergothon's Stream from the Havens. I don't listen to much funeral doom either but for me, Mournful Congregation is pretty much the be all end all.

HA! I remember Slow Horse. Two solid albums.

Never could get into Internal Void, but Unearthed was the best one, imo.

If you like sloooooow trad doom, check out Reverend Bizarre. Im sure youll find lots of posts in this forum about them.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
HA! I remember Slow Horse. Two solid albums.

Never could get into Internal Void, but Unearthed was the best one, imo.

If you like sloooooow trad doom, check out Reverend Bizarre. Im sure youll find lots of posts in this forum about them.

As soon as I saw that Slow Horse covered Chris Isaak I was SOOOOOLLLDDDDD.

I've seen you recommending Internal Void in old threads. Did you used to like them and it didn't stick or were you just recommending them because you thought others would like them? I was a little meh when I listened to the first, but when I tried Unearthed it started to click and then I went back and liked the first more. We'll see how they do over time.

In most cases, the slower it is, the less likely it is that I'll enjoy it. I sampled a little Reverend Bizarre and did not like the music or the lyrics.