My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Las Cruces - Ringmaster CD
The Gates of Slumber - ...The Awakening CD
Place of Skulls - Love Through Blood CD
Place of Skulls - Live 12"
Victor Griffin's In-Graved - S/T LP
and more Vitus (Blessed Night 7" and Walking Dead 12")

Kyuss - Blues For the Red Sun CD
Paul Chain Violet Theatre - Detaching From Satan CD
Count Raven - Messiah of Confusion CD
Pentagram - Curious Volume CD
Trouble - Live in Stockholm DVD
Tiamat - Wildhoney/Gaia CD (I don't think I ever had this one, but A Deeper Kind of Slumber is one of the greatest albums of all time).

Wheel - Wheel CD
Warning - The Strength to Dream CD
Wall of Sleep - Overlook the All, Slow But Not Dead, Sun Faced Apostles CDs
Dreaming - II CD
Penance - The Road Revisited CD
Paul Chain Violet Theatre - In the Darkness CD
Pentagram - Be Forewarned and Sub-Basement CDs

I tried copy/pasting my Discogs list but the loads of deleting/backspacing/clean-up I had to do was beyond tedious. Let's just say I have been single-handedly been a major factor in keeping the economy afloat for the past 2 or so months.

Reactions: NAD
i haven't bought an item of physical music in years

except this, which i got eight months ago

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Blå-Huset-1/release/14683623

which is a very very rare cd of local demo bands from the town of arvika, sweden. i have fond memories from my childhood of one of the songs on it (OBSCURE - KILL THE ANGEL) which is kind of tiamat-influenced death metal and pretty cool and very... heh... obscure. the song is not available online and i've seen the cd for sale exactly once, so i had to get it

[insert You Make Me Sad image from Monty Python's Holy Grail] Maaaaan I thought you'd keep it Old Skool with books n' wax n' shit. What did Fenriz say? "I SPEND $5,000 PER YEAR ON CDS + VINYL AND YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME" or something. Yes the quote was actually in U$D otherwise I'd do the Krone konversion.

I have literally run out of room for CDs so I'm on pause for awhile. I didn't run out of shelf space, I mean I ran out of room to put in any new shelving. My studio is full. Compact discs and tube amps and giant speaker cabs and vinyl and posters and comics. Yeah I know physical possessions are meaningless blah blah blah IDGAF. In another room I also have a full library with overburdened bookshelves that are tipping over all over the place and will probably kill me during the next major earthquake (which could happen any second in California).

Bury me in Ulver albums + Vonnegut books. Physical media über alles.

Last edited:

Are you just literally not acquiring new music in any way whatsoever or did you go over to the dark side of downloading?

After 10 years, I finally have disposable income. Starting to get get my collection going.

This is very nice, but also slightly upsetting to my OCD.

spotify for the absolute majority of my listening

so no, i guess i'm not acquiring any new music